Does anyone know where i can get this chipset cooler?

DragonGC

MB removal required right..

Yep, and definately assemble and tighten everything outside of the case, you'll have to use a screw driver on the back of hte motherboard to hold the new heatsinks bolts in place to tighten everyting securely.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how I did to my Force Chipset Heatsink. I change the stock fan to a Sunon fan. It is a little bit louder but it does move more air. I cover the heatsink with a black material (don’t know what it made out of) that I took from work. We use this material to create an air-duct for rackmount chassis. I try to concentrate the air float to go from the fan through the heatsink and the heat-pipe. I didn’t get the chance to install on the NF4 chipset yet. I just hope this will give me a better result.

lol I'm sure their enginiers made it as efficiant as possible any material touching the fins that won't disapate heat such as black cardboard like construction paper will only retian heat and reduce overal aluminun surface area that could be cooled by air moving around inside your case from other fans. lol

I know what you mean. I only try out to see if it does make any different. I got it to be 36 C when nothing is running. And when I take it out it, it is about the same. So I decided to leave it as it is when I bought it.

Where can I get a flat fan in a heatsink that is not higher that DFI's original fan? I need it as flat as the original, just higher quality.

I need it for an Infinity board and the fan is directly under the PCI slots, so no high construction for me.

Where can I get a flat fan in a heatsink that is not higher that DFI's original fan? I need it as flat as the original, just higher quality.

I need it for an Infinity board and the fan is directly under the PCI slots, so no high construction for me.

You can check it at performance-pcs.com. Look for 40mm fans.

I'd like to try that cooler but I can't find it in Canada. performance-pcs are shipping to Canada but they are out of stock. I found it at another online store (sidewindercomputers.com) but they charge 17$ for shipping it up here!

I installed it, I took the fan OFF as I have great air flow front-to-back. It is mounted in the 10 0'clock position, so it sits just between my X1900 and the Alpha A64 HSF.

Silence is golden, and its good for 5-10C drop in temps... with NO FAN. So Im very happy.

I aso popped my 165's IHS off, installed the bolt in Alpha big butt thing, with a quiet fan on it. Dropped temps 5-10C also, not the earth shattering amount I hoped for. I used 4 rubberbabybuggybumpers I took off a dead 1700+XP chip. It may be that they are too thick, I have to tighten the Alpha down hard to get good results. Ill have to pull them off, and try CAREFULLY without them. With the RBBB's it is totally SAFE, no core crush/chip concerns at all. I could even use the clip on stock HSF if I wanted... assuming I mod'd the bracket to allow it to go low enough.

Still hits a wall at the 2.7's. Runs flawlessly at 305x9 or 325x8 (250Mhz memory) but wont prime stable on both cores beyond mid 2.5's at any voltage.

But I am 2.75Ghz right now @ 1.502Vcore 35C idle, 51C load. NF4 doesn't go past 51-2C where stock cooler with AS5 it was hitting 59-61C. I epoxied on a PWMIC cooler too, dropped that to low/mid 50'sC also (I have a 120mm fan blowing over DIMM/Mosfet area).

Overall the changes are good, worth the $35 for the Chipset cooler, and the $35 for the Alpha.

Now just waiting for Accelero2 to arrive to finish off quiet. Im using a 80mm fan ghetto'd to the white plastic on the X1900 to replace the fan assembly. Runs alot quieter, but not the perfect solution. $3 though, so heh.

I installed it, I took the fan OFF as I have great air flow front-to-back. It is mounted in the 10 0'clock position, so it sits just between my X1900 and the Alpha A64 HSF.

Silence is golden, and its good for 5-10C drop in temps... with NO FAN. So Im very happy.

I aso popped my 165's IHS off, installed the bolt in Alpha big butt thing, with a quiet fan on it. Dropped temps 5-10C also, not the earth shattering amount I hoped for. I used 4 rubberbabybuggybumpers I took off a dead 1700+XP chip. It may be that they are too thick, I have to tighten the Alpha down hard to get good results. Ill have to pull them off, and try CAREFULLY without them. With the RBBB's it is totally SAFE, no core crush/chip concerns at all. I could even use the clip on stock HSF if I wanted... assuming I mod'd the bracket to allow it to go low enough.

Still hits a wall at the 2.7's. Runs flawlessly at 305x9 or 325x8 (250Mhz memory) but wont prime stable on both cores beyond mid 2.5's at any voltage.

But I am 2.75Ghz right now @ 1.502Vcore 35C idle, 51C load. NF4 doesn't go past 51-2C where stock cooler with AS5 it was hitting 59-61C. I epoxied on a PWMIC cooler too, dropped that to low/mid 50'sC also (I have a 120mm fan blowing over DIMM/Mosfet area).

Overall the changes are good, worth the $35 for the Chipset cooler, and the $35 for the Alpha.

Now just waiting for Accelero2 to arrive to finish off quiet. Im using a 80mm fan ghetto'd to the white plastic on the X1900 to replace the fan assembly. Runs alot quieter, but not the perfect solution. $3 though, so heh.

Almost the same setup as mine. :)

Anyways you have any pictures concerning that modded 80mm fan on the X1900?

It runs damn hot on mine. :(

Also that chipset cooler is everywhere out of stock!! :(

I took a pic, need to download it from the camera.

I just installed an Accelero2, took temps down from 42C/79C stock unmod'd cooler to 40C/69C now. That's at 701/802 1.52/2.151/2.151/1.50V fans @ 100%on each test.

Plus its very very quiet. So 9C drop at load and silence vs the leaf blower :nod:

With the AC-2 and the passive NB cooler in, the system is sooooo quiet and still 2.75Ghz 165, 700/800 X1900XT 2x36G raptor raid. Simply amazing.

I have a 120mm Nexus intake, exhaust and internal over DIMM/mosfet area. An 80mm yateloon sleeve 2200 rpm on the Alpha A64 cooler, and a Powerstream 520W with 80mm fan inside.

Remarkably quiet for the performance level.