which LCD monitor???

blahblah

i'm gonna shoot from the hip a say get a 20" widescreen dell 2005fpw. didnt think you could play games in widescreen? think again. better yet, buy a widescreen and i guarantee you'll never go back.

ok so enough of the sale pitch-talk. i love my 2005fpw and the only thing i'm looking forward to is:

a) getting another one

or

B) getting the 24" 2405fpw

if you're only planning on one monitor, as most gamers are, then there really is no such thing as 'too big'....if you can find a good rebate/discounted deal on the 2005fpw by all means i highly recommend it...

• 1 month later...

20" inch wide screens arent worth it.... i seen a 19" and 20" widescreen at a store......... the 20" widescreen looked smaller...... just wider...... well anyways i got the samsung syncmaster 940b (silver)....... its pretty nice... sharp pictures....... well i notice some ghosting in games because i use to play on a crt but its not that bad..... i also like the colors its very vivid....... nothing bad to say about it except it doesnt come with dvi-d cables..... and for a good one it can cost around $70.... i havent really got to see a movie on it yet..... but im sure it'll be nice it is since the picture quality is sharp and has vivid colors.... oh theres one thing if you notice alot of ghosting when playing games.... set it to game mode that will do the trick....... well if anyones looking for an LCD monitor i would recommend this one.... (i cant wait til i see the movie Final Fantasy 7 on this thing... gonna get a copy of the japanese version from my friend) w00t w00t!!!.......

I have been pondering the same thing for quite some time now myself. My choices have been the Viewsonic vx924 as well, also the Samsung 940b. After doing considerable research on lcd monitors in general, I have quite a problem. I do a lot of website design, Photoshop as well as being an avid gamer. The Viewsonic lcds dont have very good reviews as far as color reproduction as they are 6bit pixel based monitors. All reviews I have seen say they are fast for gaming, not so great for dvd playback.

The Samsung 940b is a 8bit pixel based monitor which means the panel will be a bit slower (8ms compared to 3ms on the VS) but will have better color reproduction. This is the lcd I have been leaning towards as I need an all around panel, not just for gaming.

Do a google on "vx924 reviews" "vx922 reviews" and "940b reviews"

If you do any photo work, an 8bit pixel based panel seems the way to go. If all you do is game on the system, then go for the fastest display.

i would recommend the 940b it has good color and shapeness and the response time isnt that bad.... just dont forget to switch the modes to whatever you're doing.... gaming mode movie mode sports mode.......... all kinda different modes on it.... its pretty good....