Overclocking results for X2 system!!

Guest Lux_merged

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fariss: no sharp edges here... they are nice and round :nod: I made sure of that. I originally had some of that Lian Li edge moulding on wrapped around it and it looked nice but it looks better without it and the edges are as smooth as a babies butt.

Thinking about cutting my own window now. I have the acrylic sheet and rivets/screws.... hmm... what window to make.

Anyone have any window cutout suggestions?

What do you make of that..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/Lux...ighestclock.jpg

Can't figure out something...when my FSB is set to 255 so my ram runs effectively at 510Mhz my memory bandwidth in Sandra is 6920MB/s. When I run the FSB at 260 (which is faster) so the ram is running at 520Mhz effectively my memory bandwidth in Sandra is 6603MB/s.

Why is it that raising the ram speed has dropped the bandwidth by 300MB/s?? Doesn't make any sense. Any ideas on that one?

very very frickin nice!!! i want that case, but *ugh damn thing expensive lol. i'll stick wit my 5yr old Antecslk1100 lol.

umm, sorry if im postin at the wrong post, but i notice one of the bench pics u got 2 prime running at the same time! howd u do that?? cpuz no problem, run twice, u got 2 programs. but on prime, seems like i can only open 1.... sorry again if impostin in the wrong topic,

but nice case!!!!!

oh and i just read ur last post lol, did u change the timings for the ram? i can post higher Sandra score using DDR400 on 2.5-3-3-6-1T instead of DDR466 2.5-4-4-8-2T...........

With Prime just copy the install directory and then you can run two instances. You can set the processor affinity for each one as well.

I used 1T in both tests and with 3-4-8-3 std. timings... all things being equal.. more Mhz doesn't increase bandwidth? Makes no sense.

u can try if u dont believe me......

1 thing that might makes sense; wit the A64 families, mem controller is insdie the CPU and the speed of that thing exceed DDR's speed...

ex. L1 speed is 22000mb/s or watever, L2 is 6000mb/s, and DDR400 is pc3200, means its theoritcally 3200mb/s, and in reality if u check memtest, its about 2900mb, so its still pretty low.

ive run benchmark over benchmark and lower timings always have better score with the exception Everest's mem-read/write coz i assume the test it differently. but for my case, Sandra, 3dmark05, 06, 2-3-3-6-1T gives better score...... not much, but still better.