Overclocking results for X2 system!!

Guest Lux_merged

I've read so many posts and what not over the years that I decided to build a new rig and water cool it. I'm a newb at it but so far everything is going well... just leaktesting for a few days and ridding the system of bubbles which is done for the most part. Waiting on my new 2.0 power supply cause my old one has 20pin connector.

Specs:

DFI nf4 UT DR Expert

AMD 4400+ X2

2gig Mushkin 3-4-3-8 PC4000 ram

eVGA 7800gtx

Lian Li PC-v1000b

Asetek 03-L-1241 (3 wb's/fan/rad/tube/res)

OCZ video ramsinks (haven't recieved yet)

Fortron active pfc sli cert. 600W powersupply

3 x 80gig Seagate 7200.7 barracudas (from old system)

1 x 300gig Seagate 7200.8 (from old system)

I added a second Black Ice rad and a 38mm Sunon fan to the rear of the case. I wanted max cooling and will probably end up putting the gfx card on its own loop and the cpu on its own loop but not till I get a second gfx card which won't be for at least a year.

I had to mod the case to allow for the lower placement of the pump and access to the fill port. Its been a great project so far. I only have one half a BB sized airbubble trapped in the gfx block right where the intake adapter threads in but its going to run another 2 days before anything gets turned on.

I also removed the front lower 3 drive cage and drilled holes up top in the 5 1/4 area and screwed it down up there so I could keep the 6 drive flexibility.

Still have to put in my drives and DVD/CD.

Here is my pre drive installation leak testing photo sux that the Northbridge block won't fit it in there... it hits the video card just barely...

Pic2wc.jpg

Tryed to keep my setup as clean as possible and leave plenty of room for working. I searched and searched for pics of a pcv1000 watercooled to see how it would work out but couldn't find many.

Close up of drill/dremel cutout for intake/output/ res fill on pump

pic5wc.jpg

Front radiator actually fits where the stock fan comes mounted so I get to keep the air filter :) Had to remove the rubber fan grommets to allow for the extra height of the radiator but it works. Pump and rad are where the drive cage use to be.

pic4wc.jpg

The radiator mounted with the fittings on top hit the gfx card so I flipped it and it BARELY fits.. its sitting on the case shelf... had to tighten the intake/ouputs so the hex sides were flat to the shelf. It might be bending the shelf a tad but I won't tell if you don't :)

pic3wc.jpg

Bottom front drive cage moved to upper 5 1/4 area. Still leaves 3 5 1/4's open and lets me keep the 6 hd areas without buying the Lian Li 5 1/4 hd mounting kit.

pic6wc.jpg

I'll keep updating once I get everything running cause I want to overclock this processor... maybe 2.9Ghz.. haha... I'd be happy with 2.7 to 2.8.

Powersuppy is getting here on Tuesday so then I can breath some life into this beast and update this thread.

This is my very FIRST AMD system so any information is appreciated. I've read many many threads in this forum and I'm glad that all the good people here have compiled this information in an easy to read way, very helpful.

Wish me luck?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! Ya I lingered over what case to get and decided on this one... I thought initially it was 4" longer but someone had the dimensions wrong... ME.. lemme see mm-->cm-->inches... ya, i'm dumb, but everything fits and worked out anyway.

I've got all the drives in it now and workin on cabling... powersuppy gets here tomorrow, can't wait!! I'll take more pics when its finished and I start o/cin.

Thanks for the replies :)

V. nice. please give more pics as add rest. I've just built by LianLi v1100. still got some work I reckon. My DFI NF4 Chips set temps hit 70c on load (will do the thermal paste replace next week). With everything in the case, its actually quite cramped. 5 drives, means the drive bays are full of power cables. The SATA cables could do with extra couple of inches (next week search at computer stores), but CPU area is very clean.

watch our if you connect the fans to the Powersupply. Mine was regulated (fan speed changes with temp, which is useless for the hard disk cooling fan and in these cases where the power supply is seperated from the motherboard.

My 2 rad fans are connected to the back of the pump and can run anywhere from 6v-12v which is nice for quiet/performance settings. I'm going to try and get away with only those to fans and the NB fan. Hope it works out.

70c nF4 chipset??? :O I hope mine doesn't do that... I tried to put the NB waterblock on it but the 7800 wouldn't allow it.. too tight... so I put it back on with AS5 and hope it runs cool... from what i've heard they run around 40c.

Here is my cabling so far... everything is hooked up except for the power cables running everywhere....powersupply will be here tomorrow.

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00036.jpg