Thermaltake Big typhoon... does it fit?

Hi all, trying to squeeze the last few Mhz out of my 32bit system before i need to take the plunge of a full upgrade...

was looking at getting the best S.A heatsink on the market, and have been told its the big typhoon, but it doesnt fit on some boards.

does it fit on the LanParty B board? i know the holes are there cause my SLK-947U is on there at the moment :D but is there enough space around the rest of the board for it?

Ta

S.INC

size and shape...cooling efficiency.....

It is light weight...cools very well...close to water from what I hear.... I am running 210x11 at 1.65vcore and my idle temp is 26-28 and load is 30-32 degrees celcius...

I was at 43idle with a thermaltake vocano 9....

saying the SI-97 is a good cooler isnt explaining why you prefer it to the typhoon though.

they are both the same price this side of the pond, and if the typhoon fits it'll be a lot quiter due to the 120mm fan it can fit :)

had some info from the ocuk forums, and there are 3 contenders in the socket A heatsinks for best one

Gigabyte GPower

Thermalright Si-97

Thermaltake Big Typhoon

and from what has been said the Typhoon is the best, followed by the Gpower followed by the Si-97,

the Gpower being around 3° better than the Si-97,

and unsure of how much better the typhoon was than the Gpower, but that it was better.

i think i'll be getting a typhoon :D

• 2 months later...

Well i cant say if it fits or not BUT i can say its a hell of a cooler Im running 1.8vcore and 100 load i have never seen 38c yet and you can not hear it at all But when they say BIG they mean BIG lol