Yet another PS/2 port issue

Just bought an MX1000 and it will only work on a USB port. PS/2 is a no-go. After perusing these forums, it looks like I'm not the only one to have this issue.

Anyway, tried the mouse on my notebook on the PS/2 port and it worked fine. So the mouse is not bad. Also dug into my junk box and found another USB mouse that came with a PS/2 adapter and it won't work on the DFI either, but it works fine on my notebook and an old celeron box. Tried the 5vsb jumper just for giggles. Same result in either position. Na-da. So either the PS/2 port is non-functional, or it doesn't like USB to PS/2 adapters, or I have some kind of Windows driver issue. Any of you other folks that have posted about this issue ever come up with fix that doesn't invlove clearing CMOS or reflashing the BIOS once a week? ;)

Thanks,

Steve

yep, with Logitech MX3100 (both keyboard AND Mouse)

Works fine, can even start system with spacebar

Thanks for the response. Guess I'll just write the port off as toast :(

Not a huge deal since my MX1000 works fine on USB, but I'm low on free USB ports and hate using USB hubs.

Sure not going to go through the whole "RMA, wait a few weeks" deal over it.

Steve

Guest Dynamic

You sure there are no settings regarding PS/2 in the bios for enable/disable? Did you just order your board? Anyhow not a big deal, but i know it bugs you. Anyways, i'm ordering the DFI NF4-D plus the Logitech MX5000 series soon, so hopefully everything goes as planned. Take care and good luck with your over populated USB's. :)

Note: You do have your keyboard connected to the PS/2 right? Still the mouse PS/2 port doesn't work, yeah it's probably dead then....

Same here as Raphie. No problems at all. In fact, I always use a PS2 mouse and keyboard during Windows OS install. I plug USB devices in AFTER I've got a confirmed stable OS install.

There aren't any BIOS settings for PS2 support. It comes enabled that way.

Note: You do have your keyboard connected to the PS/2 right? Still the mouse PS/2 port doesn't work, yeah it's probably dead then....

Well, that is, in fact, the problem. For some reason, this board requires BOTH PS/2 ports to be in use for the mouse port to work. First mobo I have had that works like that.

So the port is good, but that didn't help me, since my keyboard is USB only (has a 2 port hub built into it). :)

Anway, thanks for the help.

Steve.