DFI LAN PARTY N-force 4 christmas craziness

I agree wholeheartedly with KimTjik here. The best advice won't work if you don't take your time and familiarise yourself with the technical side of PC components from scratch. It may be a long road but it's also fun, imo.

Think about it this way, when you first got your drivers license, would you have been able to maintenance a Ferrari?

The very same reason you're getting BSOD's is making 3D Mark and games crash. It's also called 'sytem not stable under load', since you say you can surf the web and use low profile apps that don't use the hardware's full potential. But programs that use up most of your systems resources really stress your hardware and push it to it's limit's. So if some setting is wrong, an error will pop up somewhere bringing the whole thing down.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the joker is not having fun with you people. I did not know how to fully use the thread system before hand. This is not a joke at all i am in need of assistance. Someone has posted a reply suggesting a underpowered PSU, i desperately hope this is not the issue as i paid for a new PSU and installation from a local vender, a full 24 pin PSU. The make i am not sure as i am not at home at the moment. I will try and fimiliarise myself with the technologies but i really thought i knew enough.

BUT THIS IS NOT A JOKE! i am called the joker cause my favorite cartoon at the moment is the new batman adventures with the new joker.

Ok, I don't think the one who wrote that intended to hurt your feelings. Now when you figured out how this forum works it will be much easier. About recommendations you find a lot at:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

What concerns recommendations for PSU:s you have a exclusive thread about this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Sorry to hear that you bought a PSU before you found this information. I hope you can sort it out somehow.

so do i, i really cant see this machine being completed. I am suprised that hardly no one has suggested this is a G card issue. I thought it was dead cert. After the blue screen of deaths error report. My friends are not overlords like you lot, they have MSI boards and ASUS.

... I am suprised that hardly no one has suggested this is a G card issue. I thought it was dead cert. After the blue screen of deaths error report. ...

Of experience it has been proved that memrory not being qualified is a main factor of failure; every error they might create will certainly corrupt whatever you've installed - quite logical. Next in line is PSU issues, since the demands of power has increased, and it's quite obvious that an underpowered system will cause problems.

All this sad doesn't mean a G-card will never fail, but it's wise to start with the more frequent and obvious obstacles (and even a new really good PSU is cheaper than most G-card used by users here at this forum), since it will have future impact on whatever you choose to do.

i bet he has installed some piece of crap put it this way the PSU cost £35. i am scared. not sure whether to be happy or sad that it might be just a PSU issue. Why cant there be whole towns devoted to people who use the same stuff. Then i could just pop next door and get someone to fix it for me. ( just thought of something else ) this was wierd too , i plugged in my network cable the other day and the pc restarted. (those that have just joined my plight can see my other problems on page 1) :confused:

Could this also be a Hard drive issue i have a Maxtor 300 gb SATA drive , i installed the two nvidia drivers but i noticed that when i right click and look at properties the drive is described as IDE. Could this be the issue???

This is getting silly i know but i keep thinking of things that have happened over christmas, hope this is helping and if not at least its giving you guys a challenge.

Look at this dudes, i am meant to be at work but i have been reading all day and a guy seems to be having the same error report. My pc restarted the other day after wacking in the network cable, And i also downloaded a pc burn in test program actually called burnintest v.4 and it failed me on a network issue, it said " failed couldnt send 1 key packet" or something. I am getting excited seems that i may be getting closer, your thoughts. ;)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36877

Question about harddrive:

I depends on exactly were you did click! You've got to open up the "device manager" to find this piece of information (one way: my computer, system information, devices, device manager, open the thread "IDE ATA/ATAPI" and last right click on someone of them to find out information about how you hdd is recognized).

Even if it would wrongly be recognized as a IDE-drive I suppose that wouldn't couse the problems you have, since it simply means your system will work slower.

Second question:

No idea of what you hinting at???

sorry i got excited and made no sense probably, basically about an hour ago i remembered another error which was that when i plugged in the network cable my pc flashed the blue screen of death and then restarted. I then read the thread that i posted above and realised that maybe my network ports were the issue. Your Thoughts! could something this small be the issue?