Wireless-g Problems

berto

I recently setup a network in my house with 3 computers on wireless and one on ethernet using the Linksys Wireless G AP/Router. I only had my comp and the on the ethernet first and i got really fast speeds on my connection, but when i added two more computers to the wireless side of the network the speed of the connection slowed down a lot. Ive already called Linksys Tech Support 2-3 times about this, and everything they have told me doesnt seem to help.

Also the tech Support guy told me that he would email the latest firmware for the AP/Router as it was no longer on the linksys website (version 1.30.0 or something with a 3 in it) but i never got it and was wondering if anyone here has the firmware.

Are all 3 transferring at the same time? I have 3 machines on a 802.11b router into DSL. Any one of which can do 1.5Mpbs downloads continuosly over the Internet unless of course more than one is trying to download at the same time. Then the speeds are cut down proportionally, i.e 2 machines at 750Kps each, 3 machines at 500Kbps. Same concept holds true for access over the LAN.

Have you started the security protocols for the wirelss connections? (WEP, MAC Filtering, etc). Maybe someone out there is stealing bandwidth?

• 3 weeks later...