LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio - AUTO

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 9

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - 1.350v

CPU VID Control - 1.400v

CPU VID Special Control - Above VID * 113%

LDT Voltage Control - 1.40v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.60v

DRAM Voltage Control - 3.20v (do not use this with your RAM until you don't know what chips it uses)

Starting there up +4-5 mhz each +0.025V (e.j. 1.425 with 305HTT, 1.450V maybe 1.475V with 310HTT, etc). That's the way to find the top of the processor (using a lower divider for memory, so it doesn't go far from ~215 final-real Mhz). From there try tightening the timings.

Exactly what is the part number for you ram? That would help to find the chips model, and finding the timings.

Feel free to take a look at my OCDB (look at my sig, but ignore memory timings and voltages as they are not the same chips). Proc runs 27ºC idle and 41º priming.

Also suggested is to read the magnific OC Guide compiled by THunDA:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

BTW, you will get the most performance increase by OCin your 7800GT. With mine @ 488/1241 I get 8153 in 3dk05, being it only ~7600 at stock speeds. You will notice a lot more increase by OCing your video card than your processor/ram. Use RivaTuner for this.

Have fun!

Im going to be getting one of them Antec Sonata II 450w CASES soon how is it working out for you with that psu and hows your overclocking doing?

The case is pretty good, but a little smaller than I expected. I haven't faced any problems with the PSU, I think it's fantastic. It comes with an air duct that allows you to attach fans that directly cool your CPU and Vid card and help when you're using stock HSF/cooling. I upgraded to a thermalright xp 90 and a silentcat 90mm fan and was unable to use the air duct since I didn' t have enough space. But now my temps are much cooler and I find I don't need it at all. The case looks pretty cool, sleek, black, simplistic. It's got some settings to make it quiet(fan speed etc.) if that's what you're going for, but since i'm oc'ing and don't really mind a little noise, i've disabled all that, and it's still pretty quiet.

Heres an update to my OC.

I raised it to 2.640ghz (330*8) and lowered my LDT to 2.5 or 2.0. That brings my ram to 220mhz and I got 7668 in 3dmark05. Overclocked my GPU to 479/1.22 and managed to pass the 8k mark to 8012, but I have a feeling the oc is unstable. Also happy at the fact that I found out pressing ESC at the awful and boring CPU tests still gives me the 3d score =). Haven't done PC mark yet but will in a bit. I'm happy with this, and after a few hours of gaming, half an hour of prime etc. it seems perfectly stable so far. I also purchased a thermalright xp-90 with a silentcat fan on top (50something cfm) and my temps have dropped by 10C or so which is fantastic. I'm getting 41C on max load and 28-30C on idle.

@mursaat: I haven't tried the settings you suggested yet, but appreciate it, and I will in a bit. The product # for my ram is OCZ4001024PF.

i was busy building another rig these past coupla days and ill just ask ya here, what did u change that made it go from 6500~ to 7k, oh and that's what u should be getting 7500-8300 on a oced 7800gt

it seems like u are doing very well, now just prime95 it for the longest period of time that u think u will play a game, then u'll know if it's stable

You can un-select CPU tests in 3dk05 before you run it, so you don't have to press Esc.

And its better to raise you VGA core up to 490 leaving memory in 1170 than 470 core and 1250 memory. Try 490/1170 and tell me how it goes :D

I presume its the free version of 3dmark'05, where you cannot change any settings.

You're defo on the right track with your OC though, getting some nice results.

Just remember that not all CPUs were made equal, and just because someone else reached 2.7 rock solid stable is no guarantee that you will.

Abopve all else, make sure your system is stable. Whats the point in having a blazing fast rig, if you can only use it for 10mins at a time!

Thanks for the replies.

@xgunnas: I had to tweak the genie bios ram settings. eg. max async latency, idle cycles, skew control, data drive strength etc. It was a pain, but it seemed to have worked. I changed it slightly and ran 3dmark after each alteration and I noticed my scores were slowly increasing. Beyond a certain point they actually started decreasing, so I stuck with the stuff I quoted. Strangely, while it increased my 3dmark/pcmark scores, it reduced what I was getting in my mem bandwidth/cpu arthimetic tests on which I was basing my oc on before. There are still some combinations and whatnot I haven't tried but i'm kinda tired of that lol. Anyway so all that got it to 75xx, to push it to 8k I oc'd the card. I didn't do that before because I wanted to see exactly how much of a difference my CPU overclock would make (well in this case, my ram oc).

@mursaat: I will definately try that out and report back with the results, thanks. Oh and yeah unfortuantely it's the free version of 3dmark05, so pressing ESC is the only way, but it works =) . Edit: 490/1170 don't work, it fails the driver tests. Also, I dunno if this is normal or not, but 'detecting optimal frequencies' doesn't do anything. While this worked with my previous 5900, with this card my frequencies just remain the same after the test. Anyway so those settings failed, and I was using riva tuner.

Editx1: I bumped it up to 482/1219 and got 8065 in 3dmark05. My peak temp was 67C, is that normal? It idles at about 45C

@DublinGunner: Thanks man, yeah I totally understand that. I've found it very stable now at 330*8, LDT to auto and ram freq to 220mhz. That's 2.64ghz, slightly less than 2.70 but I can't seem to touch that. I ran prime95 for about an hour and it seemed perfect. I've tried 300*9 on my current settings, setting everything else to auto etc. but it's just not stable. I haven't tried raising the voltages beyond what i'm using right now though (1.475 110%, 2.9for dram etc) because i'm worried of what affect it might have on my chips. Last thing I would want is a burn out and i'm not sure of the max volts my hardware can support.

I also encountered some retarded problems with my sata drive taking over a minute to boot and getting these horrific BSODs. But I troubleshooted those to the source of their problems : The nforce IDE driver and nvidia firewall. Damn them to hell, lol.

Editx2: Also to whoever asked, this is my CPU stepping info:

LBBWE 0543EPDW

Editx3: I changed my settings a bit. Got it to 295*9 with LDT auto and skew control to 100 with that video overclock of 482/1219 and got a 3dmark05 score of 8103 and a PCmark05 score of 4758. It also takes 33.453 seconds to calculate pi to 1m.

Editx4: I saw some very minor artifact/glitching in CS:Source so i'm bringing the clocks down a bit. 477mhz seems to be good, playing with the memory now.

Two things:

1) In Rivatuner, set memory to 1000 and find the highest core mhz and

2) Don't post the full serial number of your CPU and say you have overclocked it as that would void the warranty... :angel: edit your post and remove the last line, the one behind LLBWE...

Two things:

1) In Rivatuner, set memory to 1000 and find the highest core mhz and

2) Don't post the full serial number of your CPU and say you have overclocked it as that would void the warranty... :angel: edit your post and remove the last line, the one behind LLBWE...

Thanks, lol I found 483mhz was the max I could get. Oh and I edited my previous post with some updates bout my scores.

Edit: I saw some very minor artifact/glitching in CS:Source stress test so i'm bringing the clocks down a bit. 477mhz seems to be good, playing with the memory now.

Hmm then again, the lil glitches are there even on stock speeds, they're very minor things so i'm thinking it might be something else. I'm gonna try a different game...