Windows Won't Boot With Two SATA Drives

Hey,

First time poster. I'm having some trouble with my nice new rig and I was hoping someone can help me.

I'm having trouble getting Windows to boot with two SATA HD's plugged into the MB. I know about the issues surrounding the X-Fi and this problem I'm referring to has nothing to do with it because the card is currently out of my system.

The installation seems to go fine with Windows, but at the second boot (the one when after it you get the little "?") Windows doesn't boot, the computer just goes into a "restart loop". I'm not having trouble getting Windows to recognize the stripped array of drives during installation (I have the latest drivers from nVidia).

I'm plugging the drives into SATA 1 & 2. Is that my problem?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Colin

Guest SuppA-SnipA

try installing/ configuring the sata raid, you should get a SATA RAID floppy with your motherboard :)

Nope. Setting a delay didn't work. They can't be the wrong drivers at least I think they can't, for two reasons:

1. They're nVidia's RAID drivers for nForce4 boards, which is what I have and;

2. Windows detects the RAID array instead of showing me two drives, which would indicate to me that the used drivers worked.

Edit: The drivers I recieved with DFI will NOT work with Windows. They are not WQHL certified and so Windows overwrites them during install.