I can't get no picture with my dfi and opteron

Guest geronimo_merged

Guest geronimo

I now i can't get it to post when bios reset and 1 memory in the furtherst slot.

Any thoughtS? It worked fine yesterday

lowboy says it isn'T enough, because it didn't work for him.

He could be right.. does the PSU get warm?

I have the same PSU but you can'T compare mine to yours.

Running a OCed 6600GT (570/630) and an Opteron @ 3000mhz with 1,65V - stable

But my PSU has a 12cm instead of the 80mm and 92mm fan. It keeps much cooler now and gets better airflow...

It's worth to try another PSU.

Try it without the 20->24pin converter. Didn't work well for me.

The best choice for your system would be the OCZ520 (because of the X1300 card). If you plan on buying a GFX card with external connector, you should buy a PSU with dual 12V rails.

as far as i am concerned, the OCZ 520w adjustable fills the bill, easy to dail the lines to your own liking without ANY mods.

and you can crank the volts to insane amounts, if you want or need too.....

baldy

Toms Hardware did a review on PSU's recently and the Seasonic S12 600w came out on top. I was originally planning on getting an OCZ Modstream but after reading that review I had a change of mind. The OCZ's weren't hanging very well. Truth be told, OCZ has only been in the PSU market for a lil over a year I think. Better to go with someone with more experience. I used to like Thermaltake but my "Silent" Purepower 480w took a dump on a low end set up. All the Antecs in that review seem to stand up well. Enermax is another great one. The Antec NEO HE is a great modular psu for the money. Enermax has a modular series now called Liberty. I favor the Enermax between those two. But for the wattage I got for the price in my Seasonic S12 I couldn't go any other way even though it's not modular. I bought a mod kit from svc.com to make up for it. I've bought several psu's from svc.com. Good prices on psu's and nice selection. All the psu's I mentioned are available from them. If you want to get extra ridiculous then you can get a PC Power & Cooling brand psu. Solid but darn expensive. They have them over at frozencpu.com.

Good luck!

The power stream is preferred modular psu's can have problems and are known to suffer voltage drops.

Lowboy, can you enlighten me on this issue with some links? I have a Modstream here on one of my PC's, and been having problems with it. RMA'ed the PSU through Compusa, but still there is a problem.