Consequences of not Pluggin in 4 connectors?

As the title says.

I have an ANtec 480w Neopower and its giving me fits. Everytime I plug into the 4-pin power connector for the board it won't boot!

And lately, everytime I plug into my X=Fi Fata1ity card, it doesn't want to boot either!

ANy ideas? I do plan to overclock eventually.

Please read the rules and create a signature reflecting your current setup including all pieces of hardware.

Have you tried uninstalling the Audigy X-Fi card, and instead, plugging in all 4 power connectors? After all is said and done, do a clear cmos as instructed in my sig! Let us know.

Really weird. My sytem is back-up but I've gone to connecting everything the old way.

Old way - Connecting the board's 4-pin connector and using the same power line and a y-splitter to connect my floppy drive & x-fi card.

I've tried just connecting my x-fi card and it doesn't boot.

I've also tried just connecting ALL 4 power connectors, but to no avail!

Does my powersupply only like a certain connection!?

Your power supply in fact probably is on the very edge of barely enough and when you "change" the load balance by swapping 'what' feeds 'what' the draw is more than the supply can handle and gives trouble. Said another way: not enough reserve on certain feeds leaving the power supply depending on what gets power from which output from the power supply.

RGone...

Guest Dynamic

Why don't you shoot for an OCZ 520 PowerStream SLI READY! I would shop at Monarchcomputers.com they don't charge tax unless you live in Georgia, GL!

You know..I was thinking between the OCZ 520 Powerstream SLI and the S12 Seasonic 600w SLI. The price are about the same.

Concerns

-Seasonic..if its cables are long enough for Antec P180

-If i go with the powerstream, will it last me 2-3 years. I'll be upgrading in another 1.5 years.

Thoughts ppl?

Get the PowerStream 600 if you're worried about future use.

You know..I was thinking between the OCZ 520 Powerstream SLI and the S12 Seasonic 600w SLI. The price are about the same.

Concerns

-Seasonic..if its cables are long enough for Antec P180

-If i go with the powerstream, will it last me 2-3 years. I'll be upgrading in another 1.5 years.

Thoughts ppl?