NF4 Ultra D 4 sticks clocked down to 333?

Does everyone's board clock down to 333 when 4 mem sticks are used? Works fine with 2. I updated all bios but the problem still occured.

no

i just force it to use DDR400 1:1 when using 4 sticks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be able to do so by going into Bios and loading optimized settings> save and exit. Reboot and go Genie Bios and Dram configuration and at CommandPerClock CPC= DISABLE and save and exit and likely if the memory is capable enough it should be able to run DDR400 and show same at boot screen.

Well I tried this method and it still is at 333. :(

Go into the bios under Dram config and change FSB/Dram frequency to 200 1/01.

Thanks! I did this and changed it. When I switched the Bios to optimized it loads so quick I can't see the screen where it says what the memory is running at(hence the name newbie). How can I check this now? Should I turn off optimized bios?

Here is my new CPUZ report for memory.

Memory

DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM

DRAM Size 2048 MBytes

DRAM Frequency 200.9 MHz

FSB:DRAM CPU/10

CAS# Latency 2.0 clocks

RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks

RAS# Precharge 3 clocks

Cycle Time (TRAS) 7 clocks

Bank Cycle Time (TRC) 7 clocks

DRAM Idle Timer 256 clocks

# of memory modules 4

Module 0 Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

Module 1 Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

Module 2 Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

Module 3 Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

No, do not "turn off" optimized defaults. You're not actually turning it on or off. You have loaded the optimized defaults into your BIOS. Leave it alone now that it is running 1/1.

What are you wanting to check? Your timings? Your performance?

Actually to see if it is indeed at 400 not and not at 333 as it was.

On a side note once I did those specific changes I noticed my Firefox kept crashing. Thought it was just a random act at first. Then I went into UT 2004 and not even 2 mins in the game, my pc would crash and reboot. Never done this prior to the changes. A brief blue screen would appear stating something in the lines of a dump?

Any ideas on this?

Actually to see if it is indeed at 400 not and not at 333 as it was.

On a side note once I did those specific changes I noticed my Firefox kept crashing. Thought it was just a random act at first. Then I went into UT 2004 and not even 2 mins in the game, my pc would crash and reboot. Never done this prior to the changes. A brief blue screen would appear stating something in the lines of a dump?

Any ideas on this?

Running 4 sticks of ram on this board isn't really recommended dues to stability issues which you are experiencing.

Try bumping up all your voltages in the BIOS just a bit (CPU, Chipset, Memory). Set your memory for 2.8v.

with four sticks i would recommend a cas of 2.5, not 2.0.

that alone will prolly get you stable. as the previous poster stated, bump the vdimm (memory voltage) to 2.8 or maybe even 2.9.

over and out....

baldy

Well this is where I'm at.

I loaded optimized bios, disabled cpc, switched to 200.

My latency was on auto, I tried 2.5 and XP wouldn't boot for some reason. So I switched it back.

I then tried switching dram voltage to 2.8. Loaded up fine. I started some UT 2004 and played for about 5 mins and I got a XP error. I tried to copy text but it crashed after that.

So I switched to 2.9 and it ran a little longer. I didn't get a Xp error this time I got the blue screen and something along the lines memory dump again.

Should I try higher dram voltage or is that bad?

Also should amd cool n quiet be enabled? I thought I saw on the DFi(first bios update) site it shouldnt be if OC'n.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Well I just tried UT again with the everything the same. Dram voltage at 2.9. I got this error from Xp. Maybe someone knows something from this.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2010 MHz with 2046MB RAM

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (8195)

Assertion failed: Removed!=0 [File:.UnObj.cpp] [Line: 4690]

History: UObject::UnhashObject <- UObject::~UObject <- FinishDestroyedActors <- ULevel::CleanupDestroyed <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Dueling Keeps <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

do you have CPC enabled or disabled in the bios?, you may also have to run 2t with 4 sticks, so disabled is what i would try.

also, temporarily take two sticks of ram out and see if the errors disappear when playing the same game.

you answer lies somewhere close i am sure...... :eek:

baldy