Whats the best 3000+ Venice OC?

marcuri

Hey i think i have a winner on my hands here.. whats the best overclock been for a venice 3000+ chip?!? This chip is nearly 3-4 months old but i only got around to overclocking it now.

Right now i got the FSB at 351 on a 8.0 multi with a 3/4 ratio. That means i have a 2808 mhz chip right now. Memory is running at 3.2 volts (haven't tried above that) and Vcore (cpu) voltage is at 1.5 * 1.04% (think thats 1.56volts). Peak temp on prime (been going for 1 hour no problem now) is 104 F (40C). I haven't even reached my max RAM mhz (~240) or my CPU max mhz (just under 2.9ghz, but at nearly 1.53 * 110% (didn't try tweaking the voltage lower).

So anyway whats the record for this chip. Seems like over a 1ghz overclock is definately pretty good... still haven't done all the stability tests so i'll get back to you all.

-blisk

geez what an oc... o well. mine right now is water cooled.. and even then the water cooling system has alittle bit of "gunk" around the block (i cleaned it out but alittle is still there :). that being said.. after posting i looked around alittle bit. average i've seen is about 2.4 without increasing voltage, and 2.6 with increasing voltage. its still prime stable and its been going 2+ hours now. gonna wait til it does 8 hours and then i'm gonna do a few more different tests. it might not be a record breaker even for water cooling but it sure seems like its up there.... and i think i can easily squeak it out up to 2.9 if i wanted to increase the volts to 1.6ish.. maybe 3.0ghz if i tried getting it close to 1.7volts...... but i don't think i'd want to run that constantly... maybe just to see if i could.

Was that 3.4 ghz overclock prime stable? ;p (my guess: no).

-blisk

geez what an oc... o well. mine right now is water cooled.. and even then the water cooling system has alittle bit of "gunk" around the block (i cleaned it out but alittle is still there :). that being said.. after posting i looked around alittle bit. average i've seen is about 2.4 without increasing voltage, and 2.6 with increasing voltage. its still prime stable and its been going 2+ hours now. gonna wait til it does 8 hours and then i'm gonna do a few more different tests. it might not be a record breaker even for water cooling but it sure seems like its up there.... and i think i can easily squeak it out up to 2.9 if i wanted to increase the volts to 1.6ish.. maybe 3.0ghz if i tried getting it close to 1.7volts...... but i don't think i'd want to run that constantly... maybe just to see if i could.

Was that 3.4 ghz overclock prime stable? ;p (my guess: no).

-blisk

there are craploads of earlier Venice E3 3000+ chips that are Prime stable well over 2.9ghz on air, and a bunch more that are stable over 3.0ghz on water or phase.

there are craploads of earlier Venice E3 3000+ chips that are Prime stable well over 2.9ghz on air, and a bunch more that are stable over 3.0ghz on water or phase.

ah my hopes are dashed. do you happen to know what voltages they used or have any posts specifically about it? i couldn't find anything in the search.. seems like its hard to find old relevent threads like that.

I saw this a while ago, on Xtremesystems (OMG) that might interest you. Hard to say how much of this stuff is just bragging rights, but I was more interested in the stepping at the time anyhow. I was thinking it would be kinda fun to build a stepping database, but ahh I'm just rambling. Good luck with your venice, and post your results...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...53&page=1&pp=25

hi

my venice does 2830mhz 1,65v occt/S&M/3dmark/folding stable.....for the suicide shot i got 3110mhz on aircooling

on phase i got it to 3180 mhz and i run 3kmark 2k1 and superpi....suicide shot at 3280.....prometeia mach I

i thought that was nice to run 352 x 9 .... ;)

im running about 38c idle 42 load.. can i get any more out of her?

As long as your temps dont go over 50c at load then you might have more left.. Just try to stay around 1.65v even if the temps are under 50c at load on air.. I would try to keep it between 1.6-1.65v but a little more wont hurt..

Guest Dynamic

That my friend looks like a bogus screenshot of CPU-Z. The voltage is missing and also there is no version info on it. I don't believe it at all.