OCZ powerstream with Ultra-D

I have a OCZ powerstream 520W and it wont work at all. I know everything else is fine because ive tried another psu. Is there something i must do to make the powerstream work with the DFI? I am at a standstill at the moment because the old psu doesnt have near enought power connectors. Help would be greatly appreciated.

The psu i got earlier today in the mail. With the OCZ plugged, nothing turns on except for the standby LED on the mobo, no fans, nothing. Do you have any experience with OCZs RMAing process? I really dont want to RMA it because ive been waiting for this for such a long time. Thanks for the response.

My OCZ 520 died after a year. Those things happen. This is the Procedure they will ask you to do first. If your PSU doesn't start then, you will get an RMA number. If you offer to give them your Credit Card Number, they will cross ship a unit to you immediately. Mine took 4 days, it was shipped from the East Coast of Canada and and arrived on the West Coast in only 4 days..Outstanding Service and Warranty.

They have an office in Calif. so hopefully you will have it for Xmas :) GL.

With any luck the jump start will fix it (crosses fingers and toes for you)

I had this similar problem with an antec truepower and neo. The problem ended up being with the board not the psu. The ultra-d board is an atx v1.3 so if your psu is a v2.0 it will not work. The reason is because the board requires a -5v pin I believe or something similar. The fix for me was getting an antec 2.0 500W Smartpower that was backwards compatable with the v1.3 boards aswell as the 2.0's

I tried jump starting it and it didnt do anything. :sad: I have contacted one of the tech guys on OCZs official tech help forum and he should get back to me soon (hopefully). So if i call them or whatever and give them my credit card number they will ship one out to me? and then refund the money when they get the RMAd one from me, correct? Thanks for the help.

Guest DEViANCE

yes , they will cross ship one to you here is the number 1800-459-1816 , call tomorow, u can talk to Shawn at EXT 461 he helped me alot befor.