Lame Opty 175. CPU0 sucks!

finagle69

I'm at 2.7GHz right now w/ 1.6Vcore 1.3VLDT 1.7VNF4

Cooling with a Big Typhoon. Ran BurnK7x2 and it hit 55C!

with 3dmark05 it tops out at about 45C, but that's not true 100% load.

anyway, CPU1 is a champ and is priming for hours now, but CPU0 will error in 30-45secs. just . me off really.

PWMIC temp hit 70C with burnk7x2 on.

thinking of reversing fan direction on the BT to pull off the HS and hang another 120mm fan blowing on the PWMIC/RAM section.

if that doesn't help... looks like the IHS is coming off this weekend.

put a gfx card ram heatsink onto the pwmic. clean off the crap that is under the ramsink, and use some good thermal grease.. then, put a fan over it. that should help the pwmic. :)

i was thinking of doing this...got any pics of yours?

got it from newegg. luck of the draw there. like i said, CPU1 is boss, but 0 can't keep up. thinking about exchanging it at the EGG. sucks though, i'd be out a computer for a week.

edit: just received an RMA number, will send it out monday. probably won't get a new one til the week after xmas. i'll tinker around with it some more over the weekend, but i don't see it magically being able to be stable at 2.8G

btw, when i opened the OEM plastic pack thing, one of the pins one one corner was slightly bent and wouldn't go into the socket, i had to straighten it out and push it in. this is my "reason" for RMA... but it's true.