cpu very warm

pshootr

I have just installed a freezer 64 pro from artic cooling. My vcore is at 1.59v I know pretty high. The load temp running prime is peaking to 59c :rolleyes: load 56-59c I do not think my cpu fan is running as fast as it could be, but I do not know what is keeping its speed down. I have noticed before that when the pc starts, a fan is lod at first then quiets down after a moment. Not sure if this is my GPU or CPU. I will have to investigate that. Anyone know why my CPU fan would run slow? MBM says 2265 rpm's.

[sidenote] been running prime for about 30 minutes@ 2.9 9x324 :sweat:

what did you use for thermal compound? as5? or any other for that matter if applied TOO THICK will not conduct as much heat and cause heat issues. its also possible the freezer is not sitting flush against the cpu....

what fan are you using with the freezer? there are bios settimgs that determin when the fan should run full speed. but im pretty sure they are lower than 59 degrees.....

The freezer 64 pro comes with a fan on it. And it also came with some silver thermal compound on the sink.The thermal compound did look a little thick to me. I am useing it as it came to me. I guess I may try cleaning it off and putting a thinner layer of compound. The compund I have is not as5, I don't think. But the tube says 10% silver, does that mean it should perform as good as as5? I got it localy. And what setting in the bios slows the fan? I do not have cool n quiet installed.

its prob not as good as as5. but anyhow follow there directions as they may differ a bit from as5. but generally you want a thin even layer on the cpu. all the compound is supposed to do is fill in microscopic inperfections between the cpu and sink. it should be VERY thin. too much will inhibit the heat transfer.

as far as the temp settings i think off hand there in the system health section of the bios. or named something silmilar. it will say something along the lines of

cpu fan fully on : (temp)

cpu fan off : (temp)

its prob not as good as as5. but anyhow follow there directions as they may differ a bit from as5. but generally you want a thin even layer on the cpu. all the compound is supposed to do is fill in microscopic inperfections between the cpu and sink. it should be VERY thin. too much will inhibit the heat transfer.

as far as the temp settings i think off hand there in the system health section of the bios. or named something silmilar. it will say something along the lines of

cpu fan fully on : (temp)

cpu fan off : (temp)

Thanks, I looked at the fan settings in bios, and it does not need ajusting. I have removed the cooler and cleaned both surfaces well. Then applied a 10% silver thermal compound VERY thin. I got poor results, even hotter than with the included compound that came on my cooler. So I then removed the cooler once again, and could tell that only certain spots were making contact. I concluded that I needed more compound, and added it. When I reseated the cooler for the third time now, it finally showed some performance improvement. Yaay :tooth:

Well at 1.6v I still get very high temps at load, like 61c then I have to cut it off. That is while running prime. At 1.55v I idle 38 and load 52c-57c :rolleyes: