Programs making Pc reboot?

Thanks for all the help guys, the Thermal Take PSU is on its way back to the company, and they have sent out the SilverStone PSU to me.

Ive had some major problems with this system since i bought it last monday. It use to just crash in some games, and take up to 15minutes to get in windows when i put one of my SATA PCI cards in. However solving those problems i decided to go to the latest version of the bios 25/11/05 one, what a bad mistake that was. Now it would crash just sitting in windows, and if i tried to copy things over the network, it would crash or blue screen me. And trying to play games with the new bios is virtually impossible, where i use to beable to play F.E.A.R for instance for an hour or so before and error, it now takes 5minutes.

I truely believe there is some serious issues with this board, however they all seem to be attributed to power consuming applications or tasks. And its not just 1 type of thing causing the problem, as networking and graphics in FEAR have almost nothing in common, other than the power they consume to run them.

The new PSU should be here tommorrow, i will give it a try and hopefully it will fix some of the issues im having. As i dont want to send the board back after just getting it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried new ram, relaxing ram timings. Everything is at stock. It just doesn't make sense. If it was the cpu, it wouldn't just be happening when I run 3d-intensive apps. I've tried one card at a time. I've swapped the 7800gtx's for my kids 6600gts'. No go.

At some point, it has to be the board. Well, I'm at that point.

Shawn

Just out of curiosity. Could it be that the board doesnt like 2 x 1gig sticks? As ive been researching these problems ive been having, and it seems that i have found a common denominator in almost all of the cases. They all seem to have 2 x 1gig of ram......

This board has had problems with ram compatibility before (thus the first bios release fixed - "Date Code 2005/11/17" / "Enhance Memory Support.").... I might give it a try with just 1 x 1gig stick, or changing from the yellow/yellow slots to orange/orange...

Only issue is, i havernt got a PSU until 2moz or next day.

Really though, it shouldnt make much difference which slots they are in, yellows or oranges, they should work.

However i will give it a try when my new PSU arrives tommorrow arvo.

It will make a difference. I've tested 6 different dual packs from corsair 3200 to patriot 4800 in this board and not a single pair was stable or worked properly in the yellow slots.... :rolleyes:

Thats awsome, well hopefully it will work with the new psu and the ram in the orange slots.... I bloody hope so, as i really want this beast to fire up and run perfectly, so i can hit my 2.6gighz - 3gighz goal and try and take top possition in the X1800XT series card in 3dmark05....

Cant do that if it doesnt boot and stay stable ....