Programs making Pc reboot?

Hi guys,

I just got this brand new system below in my sig, and ive had a few issues with it...

1) When i open programs such as Sisoft Sandra, Motherboard Monitor, or Everast, my system will reboot after they attempt to get motherboard/bios info from my system...

2) I have random lock up's, restarts, or errors showing up in some games, some of these include Warcraft3, F.E.A.R, Quake4, Counter-Strike Source (HL2 in general)

Ive had a few more issues, but ill start with these first.

Thanks in advance,

AMDP-Fist

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you say that this power supply is of better quality for my current system setup...

SilverStone 650Watt Titanium black ST-65ZF Watt Quad +12V rail for superior performance, Titanium black, 1x 80mm ball bearing fan, 29 dBA minimum, Total DC output : 650W Max, Over Current Protection , Under voltage protection, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection, No Load Operation

Linkage here = http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-65zf.htm

I ask this, as i may beable to trade off my current PSU (since i only ordered it like 6 days ago) for this PSU listed above. As the place i ordered this stuff from, only has these 2 PSU's which are SLI board compatible.

First of all turn off Auto Restart in System PropertiesAdvanced. This will allow you to see the bsod instead of restarting when xp crashes. Also you can check Event Viewer in Admin Tools to see what may have caused the crash. Use these as a starting place to figure out what issues you are having.

Would you say that this power supply is of better quality for my current system setup...

SilverStone 650Watt Titanium black ST-65ZF Watt Quad +12V rail for superior performance, Titanium black, 1x 80mm ball bearing fan, 29 dBA minimum, Total DC output : 650W Max, Over Current Protection , Under voltage protection, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection, No Load Operation

Linkage here = http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-65zf.htm

I ask this, as i may beable to trade off my current PSU (since i only ordered it like 6 days ago) for this PSU listed above. As the place i ordered this stuff from, only has these 2 PSU's which are SLI board compatible.

Awesome PSU. I believe that one is on the nvidia certified list, as well as the DFI A+ list. Yeah, your PSU has +12v rail at 15a each. That's way too low. I'd go ahead and swap if you can.

You guys are jumping to conclusions way too fast regarding PSU issues.

In both directions. Just because a PSU has 1KW of power doesn't mean its working properly.

On issues such as those presented here, you should always start from scratch with the build guide here...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6615

Start slow and build carefully.

Well, here it goes. I got the psu 9 days ago. At that time, I had everything in my sig, excpet then I was using an SLI-DR motherboard. I installed and ran the 1KW in that rig for the next 6 days with no issues. I could play games until my eyes bled, and nary a restart, black screen. Nothing. It was as smooth as silk.

Now, I change the board out for the Expert. That's it. Nothing else changed. Now, I can't game or complete a run of any 3D application (3dmark's, all versions) without either a freeze to a black screen, or a bsod and reboot.

Is it the psu? No. It has been tested completely sat. I changed out, for troubleshooting purposes the following:

Ram

HD's

HD cables

FDD power cable to the board

Even the PSU (I still had my 510 SLI)

Formatted and reinstalled XP three different times

It still happens. The only variable left is the motherboard. I'm not jumping to any conclusions here at all. The motherboard simply is not stable.

Shawn