RAID 0 F: drive problem

Hi, I am new here and this is my first built. Thanks to all the info in this forum, I managed to get my first build up and running smoothly and now I have Windows XP Pro installed and running.

However, in windows, I realized my local drive is F: :confused: and not the normal C: that everyone has. Since I have no prior experience on RAID 0 configuration, is this normal or unusual? If not, how can I change it back to C:?

My other drives are:

C: and D: is a removable drive

E: is my DVD RAM drive

F: is my local drive of size 309Gb (this shows the RAID 0 is working)

Thank you for any help.

The first hard disk boot drive is set to C: by the BIOS. Have a look into the Boot sequence of your BIOS. If you have more than 1 hard disk drive, you can choose which should be the first. Put the Raid Array as first hard disk boot drive. After a reboot the first partition of your Raid will be set automaticly to C:.

CU

Fernando

Thank you all for the valuable advices especially to CPDMF. I think he/she had hit the problem right on. I remove my USB card reader, redo the RAID 0 configuration, clear the disks and reinstall Windows. I got my C: back as local drive :nod: . Now everything is working normal. I am amazed the speed it runs!!

Thank you all again.

Guest Joalaielna

I love it when people hijack threads just to fight and argue. :) soooo funny.

THANKS GUYS.

I don't think I hijacked it because I was commenting on the thread. Sorry if i did.

Forgive me?

| |

/ /

Well of course, if you do all of that it should be c:. I thought we were trying to change it, w/o the need of a reformat.

You are right if I have already using the system for a long time then I don't want to reformat the drive. Your suggestion will come in handy. But I have just installed the OS and haven't migrate my programs and data into it, it costs me little to redo it from the beginning.

I'll keep your solution for the future. Thank you :) .