3 LEDs, Repeating Beeps. Memory or Mobo?

Had an odd thing happen last night, was playing World of Warcraft and the system just crashed. Rebooted the PC and got a repeating long beep. Checked the LEDs and it stopped on 3. Cleared the bios and tried booting up with a stick of known working ram, went into bios and loaded optimized settings. Rebooted again and stuck at the same 3 LEDs with the same repeating beep.

I've tried 4 sticks of ram seperately in the orange slot closest to edge of motherboard. Same results. I've tried each stick of ram in each of the 4 slots with the same results. I'll be checking the ram on another system later tonight to confirm if they work or not, but as it stands now, I don't think it's the ram that's bad, I'm thinking that it's the motherboard that is bad.

Any suggestions on what to do? If I get the ram working in another system should I RMA the Mobo? I've already changed out the PSU around a month ago from the Aspire to the new Enermax. I'm completely stumped as to what to do if I get the memory working in another system.

Thanks,

Kurt

Most of the time the 3 leds means memory, but in my case, my 3500+ was showing the 3 leds, and come to find out that the processor was a goner-long continous beeps.(burned out, which i would also guess meaning the mem controller was dead equaling the 3 leds for memory?)

But just for a hope and prayer, i let the cpu and mobo sit all unplugged and a few days later (4 to be exact) she fired up and ran fine lol, then i moved the case a bit too hard putting the side on and it died =/ for good.

Update on the memory problem:

Popped the OCZ Platinum into another machine and it detected the memory no problem. Didn't have time to run memtest on it but it is indeed coming up and detecting the full 2 gb of ram.

Fletcherea-

I did have to reseat my CPU once, but that was over a month ago and it's worked flawlessly since then, not a single lockup on any game or application.

Any other suggestions anyone? Or should I just call Monarch and get the RMA wheels rolling?

I have 1GB of OCZ Plat. Rev2 and am having the same problems (made a thread to see if RMA of board was possible.) I've emailed OCZ to see if newer Platinum has problems with DFI. I also memtested (on another board) for 16 hours with no errors so I know it's in working shape.

Tried something out of the blue and decided to reseat my cpu, again. Had both sticks in, turned it on, and it got stuck at the Lanparty splash screen. Shut down computer, left in top stick in orange slot. Rebooted and it came up. Loaded optimized settings again, shut down, put in second stick. Back to same error. Took out both sticks of ram. Put the stick of ram that I put in the 2nd orange slot and got error. Took it out and put original one back in, and now it works with one stick. Like switch, makes me thing that it's not a ram issue. I'm now going to be looking over the initial boot post for CMOS settings and hopefully I can get the second stick working in DDR mode.

This is REALLY odd. Both Switch and I having same problems with the OCZ Platinum Rev 2 memory. We've both put the memory into another machine and it came up detecting as intended. I've not run a 16 hour memtest, but I've ran an 8 hour in the past with no errors at all.

After reviewing the CMOS post and setting up as instructed if I still can't get the 2nd stick to work, I'm still going to be confused as I won't know if it's the CPU or the Ultra-D. Having to reseat the CPU may lean towards the CPU having issues, but the CPU slot (for lack of a better word) could be defective as well.

I'll post again when I've got the CMOS set up with the proper timings for the OCZ memory.

Thanks to those who responded.