XP Shutdown delay.....

Does anyone have an issue with a delayed Windows XP shutdown and the Expert?

I did a clean XP install to single Raptor and immediately had a 45 – 60 sec delay when restarting or shutting down XP…. When you click shutdown, you hear/see the drive activity and see the desktop go away to the banner screen stating “Windows is shutting down”. After a few moments drive activity stops and you’re expecting for the restart/shutdown to continue and it just hangs there.

Here’s what I’ve tried thus far:

Another clean install of XP (No OC – optimized defaults) – No Change

Flashed shipping bios to 11/11 – No Change

Flashed bios to 11/25 – No Change

Switch PS (Fortron 500) to OCZ 520-SLI – No Change

Switched the Patriot Ram 4800 to Corsair XMS 3200 – No Change

Switched the Opty 170 to another 170 – No Change

Switched to a 4800+ - No Change

Switch ATI X1800XL to X850XT – No Change

I’m kinda running out of things to test. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanx-

:confused:

• 6 months later...

Hate to bring up an old thread.

However I am having this same problem also and have isolated it as a hardware problem with the motherboard, not windows.

I've lived with this problem for almost 7 months that I have owned my expert. I just got my new Expert in today and set it up for my wifes system. Lo and behold the shutdown problem is gone. I believe the one I got in today was a A2 revision and the one I have in my system is an A1.

I swapped her motherboard into my system changing nothing, same windows install, same exact settings, same exact hardware except the motherboard And windows shuts down normally instead of an almost 2 minute hang.

I'm wondering what on the hardware level could be hanging up the shutdown process.