My Board Does Not See CD Drives

I have a Lan Party UT SLI - DR motherboard and everything works great except I had one single optical drive hooked up to IDE 2. Windows XP did not show a D: drive and I checked device manager and everything looked normal except it did not see any optical drives.

I thought the Lite-On CD-RW was bad so I purchased 2 new drives from newegg.

I bought these.

I purchased 2 of them and I set one as master and one as slave. Plugged them up and fired on the system. During the POST process I see the newly added optical drives and I get a message in POST that says something like changes have been made to boot devices and I can press "F1" to continue and then Windows XP SP2 loads up. I then go to my PC and I can see only one drive listed as D: and any disk I put in there, it will not read. I have inserted 5 known working disks and none are recognized by the drive. I now think my board is bad or there's a problem.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I read in MaxPC that some one had the same problem and they said this was a known issue with NF4 boards but I don't know what to do.

explorer3cb.jpg

devicemanager1iq.jpg

Have a look at your Ide controller in Device Manager. Make sure the controller is enabled for both channels. Use another cable...tho its rare they are known to fail. You can try to uninstall the ide controller stuff and on reboot let windows redetect it. Maybe it'll find your drives.

Update

Today I had some time to sit down and mess with the system. Where is what I did.

- Remove both SOHW-1693S and replace IDE ribbon with brand new one out of wrapper.

- I checked for available firmware updates on my SOHW-1693S - There are no available firmware updates.

- I moved the IDE cabe from IDE controller 2 to IDE controller 1.

- Rebooted = Same problem

- Download this DFI winflash tool.

- Installed the latest BIOS update

- Reboot = Same problem

Now I am going into device manager and removing the Nvidia NForce 4 ATA controllers.

Where are these drivers or utilities on DFI's website? If I was going reinstall all NForce 4 drivers that came on my CD, I can't make out which downloads they are on their site.

Thanks!