Best Nb Cooler?

nodestiny

Ive got the stock Asus A7N8X Delux HS for the NB and it does ok, but i want to see if i can find a better cooler for it. Any suggestions? (And i want it to be able to snap in or bolt in somehow, cuz i might need to remove one day!)

Nope - won't work. I have the same board and bought the heatsink. There is a capicitor in the way of almost anything you might want to put on the ND. Somebody here found a tiny (25mm) fan off another component and put that on. Over this weekend I may take my dremel tot eh BlueOrb and see if I can carve out a spot for the capavitor in the way.

Nope - won't work. I have the same board and bought the heatsink. There is a capicitor in the way of almost anything you might want to put on the ND. Somebody here found a tiny (25mm) fan off another component and put that on. Over this weekend I may take my dremel tot eh BlueOrb and see if I can carve out a spot for the capavitor in the way.

it was me i put a fan out of a drivebay hard drive cooler on my mheatsink and it dropped the temps a few degrees. cheap easy solution i might get that northpole cooling someday but i don't feel like taking everything out to take out my mobo so i can install it i am feeling to lazy for now

here is pic of my northbridge fan i added

will a Zalman NB32J fit there?

I'll put one of them on the SB (I read somewhere that you can get some sound problem when you OC because the SB overheat, I wont take any chances :D ). I might put another one on the NB, what to you think?

hey how did u mount that fan on there?

i wanted to do that and i couln't find out how, i really dont need it cuz mt mobo temp stays around like 80F (26?C about)

3m double sided tape :D

just the plain whit kind like at office stores don't get clear doublesided tape it don't hold up under heat

Fr@gster over at the AMDMB.com forums

has had nice results placing a 40mm fan on top of the

Zalman NB cooler.

If your NB uses the two push pins you might try the Black NB32 (no "J").

But if your Mobo requires a "stick on" NB cooler then the Gold NB32

would be your best option.

Best of luck! .................. 'nnock :D

Edited by Susquehannock