with Windows XP.

Continuing your instalation of this software may impair

or destabilize the correct operation of your system

either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly

recommends that you stop this installation now and contact

the hardware vendor for software that has passed

Windows Logo testing.

Do you want to continue installing the software for this hardware?"

I said yes, I installed the OS but after that the system stucked and refused to start anymore. I can not refuse to install this because is not other way to install the Maxtor HDD. I use a single 120 Gb Maxtor Diamond 10 HDD SATA.

Last time I did install everything in the same way, the computer starts without any problems but it was very slow.

Someone knows what is this about?

Sorry for the quality of the picture.

Thank you

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pic is just saying that Microsoft has not verified it as 100%working/compatible. Do you know what si3114 driver is on the disk? You may have to update to a later version to run a diamondmax10 drive. 3114 driver click the center one for raid driver. Unzip that and shoot it onto a floppy disk and try to install then.

puTTs

Guest thespin

DON'T INSTALL the RAID driver AND DISABLE RAID in your BIOS. Raid requires at least TWO drives, hopefully identical. Windows will install the driver automatically for your single hard drive ...

DON'T INSTALL the RAID driver AND DISABLE RAID in your BIOS. Raid requires at least TWO drives, hopefully identical. Windows will install the driver automatically for your single hard drive ...

Not quite...windows will not install a driver on it's own for the 3114 chip. And without you installing the drivers yourself will not see a harddrive. Enabling the raid function on the controller does not mean you have to have a raid array set up, it just means that the controller is ready if you want to. Also I've seen and experienced myself slighty faster writes on a single drive running the raid bios/driver. :D

puTTs

thespin,

the windows cannot see the driver alone. i don't know why. I tried in many different ways but it not see the HDD.

My original diskette is Silicon Image 3114 Rev. 001

If I go in BIOS and try to find the HDD it is not there. I don't know why :confused:

It's my first SATA and I am really confused about all this...

{TCC} please tell me when shoul I install that driver? Now the HDD is low level format again . Should I restart the computer for the first time with the new Sil 3114 in floppy and install it, or I must put the OS in the computer, press F6 and when is time for the driver insert this new Sil3114?

And {TcC} even though I am not using Raid should I enable Sata Raid in the Bios and not just Sata? If so, How I would do that? I mean where?

Guys please help me because this think drives me already crazy.. :(

tHANK YOU FOR THE 3114 LINK TCC but tell me please which one should I install? sataraid or sataraid 5? I guess sataraid right?

AND THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH {TCC} !

Yes, boot off the windows CD and press F6 for the sata/scsi devices. Just a ?, is this for the motherboard in your sig? Or is this a different board? Also you won't see the harddrive in the BIOS since it is connected to the SATA controller that is started after the system BIOS loads. The SATA settings are in the system bios, it's under the same menu as the clock speeds and voltages all the way at the bottem. This is for the lanparty board in your sig correct?

{TCC}puTTs

Yes everything what I had is in my signature.

Which driver should I choose?

Sataraid or sataraid 5?

Sorry I am dumb. Man which is that SATA controler?

I connect the HDD to the first SATA 1 (0 on BIOS right?) on the motherboard. I have read about that on the manual but I still don't understand what exactly Sata controler means... :(

Yes, just the sata raid driver. Set the option in your BIOS to sata raid. Boot off the windows CD press F6 to load the drivers. After that I couldn't really tell you. Maybe download the satalink driver from the site and try them. You need to set the option in the bios to just "sata" to use them. Worth a shot if you can't get the raid drivers to work. But I don't really understand if windows will install onto it fine just doesn't want to boot after install...

{TCC}puTTs

Ok . I will download that simple sataraid (not sataraid 5) and after taht I will put it in the machine after I push F6.

Where I must set SATA in BIOS?

IN Advanced Bios Features - S-ATA or SCSI card boot?

It is S-ata already.

I did not understand your last sentence.

Again: what is exactly this SATA controller?

Thank you for you patience man... ;)

First of all I would like to thank you for all your help with my computer.

I know that I put stupid questions and that I am a rookie, especially with those motherboards. Actually I know just a few basics and I try to keep myself a litle bit updated but I want to do everything properly without destroying the CPU or something else.

I would like to setup properly this motherboard and to overclock everything in such a way to be sure I will not put the system to work hard , at higher temperatures or at risk.

Man can you made an effort for me and tell me where shoul I exactly set and how it must be?

I can see that you are an expert with those things and my single request is to help me a littlke bit to set up everything properly.

If you consider that it will not take too much from your private time and that you can help me, please help me.

When you will came in Toronto I bring the beer!

Best regards!

You told me to install also SATARAId even I use a sigle HDD. How I will do that?

Is the procedure that we talked about regarding the new SIL3114 download?

TCC wrote:

"Enabling the raid function on the controller does not mean you have to have a raid array set up, it just means that the controller is ready if you want to."

How I do that?

Thx