[Resolved] (used beta CAT 5.10a drivers) Radeon x1800xl not installing

Well I just finished installing all of the chipset drivers, and windows update. Now when I move on to my Radeon x1800 xl, I download the drivers from the ATI site, install, reboot, but upon reboot and there is still a "!VGA display adapter" in device manager. So i tried the disk that came with the card, and this time when I rebooted, the windows detected new hardware, but would only install just the drivers. No ati control panel(where I can change gamma settings, Refresh rates, AA and Ansio settings etc..), just the basic display properties windows provides. I tried installing ATI Tray tools and got the error message "Unable to retrive information from the Bios. Please report to developer about your board." Each time I tried installing the drivers, I made sure and uses Driver cleaner pro to delete anything I had installed before. Any ideas or suggestions?

Also, when I go to the ATI download site, there are 2 links for catalyst drivers, "With Control Panel" and "With Catalyst Control Center" Which one do I download, because I have tried both and neither work for me. :confused:

.net framework was installed before I tried installing the drivers

When I tried installing the catalyst control centre link I would get a .inf error, video not found message(something like that)

Is there some settings in the BIOS that needs to be changed?

The latest Catalyst drivers(5.10) do not support the x1800 series yet. Use either the Omega drivers or the 5.10a beta drivers located here: http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...uestionID=20855

• 1 month later...

My monitor started blinking after i bought and installed new X1800XL sapprhire radeon. I use SLI-DR and that sapphire. If I try to use ati tool to OC my card, it gives artifacts @ stock!!! Please help me!