AMD Opteron 170 2.9Ghz on AIR

cyberexia

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave just a general question, if you will, since this thread has gone to no mans land, Do you think with my memory ocz 1024x2 el I would be able to get a descent O.C. I kNOW you cant tell me for sure because each chip set is different, I just want to make sure I am on the right path with this ram, I know that they are not great overclockers but with the dividers and what have you am I sitting good if I purchase the 170? Thank you for your time and efforts with my noob question

Dave just a general question, if you will, since this thread has gone to no mans land, Do you think with my memory ocz 1024x2 el I would be able to get a descent O.C. I kNOW you cant tell me for sure because each chip set is different, I just want to make sure I am on the right path with this ram, I know that they are not great overclockers but with the dividers and what have you am I sitting good if I purchase the 170? Thank you for your time and efforts with my noob question
Thanks to the dividers, this will not limit your CPU OC.

I use OCZ Platinum (2X1Gb) 2.3.2.5 & it only goes to about 225-230MHz &

this doesn't hurt the CPU OC very much.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

Thanks to the dividers, this will not limit your CPU OC.

I use OCZ Platinum (2X1Gb) 2.3.2.5 & it only goes to about 225-230MHz &

this doesn't hurt the CPU OC very much.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

could you please give me an idea of your rig and your settings/dividers and your oc?

also with your jedi master knowledge which direction would you go 165, 170, 150?

could you please give me an idea of your rig and your settings/dividers and your oc?
Well I'm in the process of moving from Daytona Beach to Las Vegas at the moment,

so I can't give you screen shots, however:

the RAM likes about 2.8V & using a X2 3800+ (10X)

HTT 240

RAM 10:9 (216MHz) 2-3-2-5/6

CPU 2.4GHz

Very stable & very cool.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)