Video corruption with Ultra-D

First let me say I believe this is a video card issue but need to ask before I RMA. Just finished putting together new system in my sig. Went very smooth the board was a pleasure to work with. But I can't for the life of me run a single 3dmark bench without artifacts then freezing. I have the CO version of the EVGA 7800GT which is clocked higher than most GT's. There's been many others complaining as well and EVGA even put out another bios to fix this issue but did nothing for me.

So long story short I have the 24pin, 4pin, and PCI express connected right out of my Powerstream. Now I used the VGA molex from my PS connected to the molex connection on the board. Is this ok to use or should I use a normal 4pin from the PS?

Also does it make a difference which PCI express slot I use with a single card? I'm currently using the 1st one closest to the cpu.

Thanks

You are usiing the correct slot, although you should be able to get it to work in either slot.

You should use a different molex to power your board if you can. Also do you have the floppy power connector connected to the board?

So your power supply has a dedicated GPU molex? I would think this would be a good thing to connect to your board because it would be clean dedicated power, but I'm not 100% on that.

Try connecting the floppy one. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I would be willing to bet it might solve your problem.