New board, won't post.

Hey there.. a few weeks back i got the NF4 Ultra-D as an upgrade after reading several good reviews, mainly so that i could use PCI-e graphics cards. Anyway, I can't seem to get this board to boot no matter what I try. Processor is in sig, I don't know if the RAM info is important because it doesn't even seem to initialise the CPU yet, though i have tried a couple of different branded sticks.

To start with I was using an Antec TruePower 430w 20 pin power supply with a 24 pin adapter, which didn't work. Yes, I did plug in all the power connectors. The motherboard would only boot half the time, and then when it did the diagnostic leds all stuck on. When it ran I could hear an audible periodic clicking noise emnating somewhere to the right side of the CPU socket (dunno if that means anything, but hey i guess it all helps :P).

After sifting through some of the posts here, it seems you guys were trying to drill into my head that my power supply wasn't sufficient to run this motherboard, so i returned the TruePower and exchanged it for a NeoPower 480w, which I knew was one that people had working with this motherboard. So, today I recieved the power supply and... same scenario, nothing goes. Is this motherboard as dead as a dodo, or is there something i'm doing wrong?

Now here is my general letting off steam rant, so please feel free to ignore the rest of the post, as it doesn't have any pertinent information to solving my problem :P

*RANT*

Its great that there is this forum where support technicians are paid to answer questions, though I think DFI could have at least invested a bit more money in a motherboard manual with suffiecient information about the product. Its the worst documentation i have seen with any motherboard yet, and being a performance part, I would have expected better. Same with DFI's site, wheres the help? Prehaps i'm a bit slow or something, but i had to use Google to find this place. When your stuck without a computer, a support forum isn't going to do anything for you.

Not that i'm saying that my problem could be solved with a adequate user manual, but I was pissed to have to trawl the web to find basic answers about this board. I understand my experience is probably the exception, but my experience doesn't leave me with any warm feelings towards DFI.

The online manual is huge prints out about 1inch thick should have some info. in it.

Have you tried installation as per the stickey?

No, I just assumed the online manual was the same as the hard copy. I will try find this sticky and have a look.

Take the board out of the case, put it on the mobo box and only have the cpu and heatsink, video card and one stick of RAM. Be sure all the PSU connections are made on the board and try to fire it up. Try different dimms if it doesn't post the first time. We want to be sure nothing is shorting out and only the bare essentials are on it to see if a particular peripheral is causing the problem.

Take the board out of the case, put it on the mobo box and only have the cpu and heatsink, video card and one stick of RAM. Be sure all the PSU connections are made on the board and try to fire it up. Try different dimms if it doesn't post the first time. We want to be sure nothing is shorting out and only the bare essentials are on it to see if a particular peripheral is causing the problem.

Have tried these steps :(