New Ram Not Recognized

Anyone know of a more technical forum where I may find the solution to this at?

So far I'm coming up empty handed. But when I read the DFI motherboard box it say's supports 4 gig dual channel?

Thanks for any leads. I was thinkin maybe setting up a ramdisk and running the swapfile from there but the software OCZ sent me "Blue Screens"

Thanks Again

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

What's wrong?

Your CPU cannot run 4 double sided modules at 400DDR (200Mhz).

You could try setting the DRAM:FSB ratio to 1:1 but it wont work/be very unstable.

Set the ratio to 5:6 (166Mhz DRAM/FSB).

mine is rock solid.....

correct me if i'm wrong....but i think it has been a known issue for a while that windows will not recognize 4 gigs of ram. If setting the option that RYDEROCZ told you to set in the BIOS made the Post screen tell you you have 4 gigs instaleed...then that is the correct setup. This is the part you need to understand, Winchester cores DO NOT have strong enough mem controllers to carry the load of all that ram.....now, i know right after i say that there will be at least to or three people to say "I have a winchester CPU, and mine workd fine with 4 gigs.". This may be true....but consider that luck...and nothing more. One of the reasons people where so excited that the Venice cores where coming out...was the expected better and stronger mem controller....and they are stronger. So, either take two stix of the ram out(as 4 gigs is overkill anyway) untill you get a different core....or run your system as is with a 166 memory divider. Now i don't possibly see where you could have another question about this subject. ;)

So how do I go about doing this? And according to OCZ Windows will see 4 gig of memory before you install SP2.

go in to your BIOS and enter Genie BIOS page, then enter DRAM configuration page, then set DRAM frequency set to 166. :)

@xtremegamer :

Can you please be so kind to post us your Bios-info and Genie-settings ?

I read you have 4 x 1 GB working while I cannot get mine to work.

Mine will only come up to 3,4GB ....

Thanks in advance :cat:

• 8 months later...

As explained to me in this thread the AMD Winchester core will not recognise double sided memory sticks.

So my question is this will the AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Toledo see all 4 gig of ram?

Also is this the last processor upgrade that will work on the 939 socket mother?

Thanks In Advance