Kingston CAS3 and BlueScreens

Hi all.

The rig:

NF2 Ultra Infinity A+

Kingston CAS3 512MB KVR400X64C3A/512 at 2.6vdimm (it says 2.68v in the "voltage metter")

mobile 2600+ @ 200x10.5 @ 1.7vdimm

SP97+Smart Case Fan II at full speed

Generic PSU 450W

Hitachi 80 GB SATA II 7200RPM

Lite-On CDRW

Chipset voltage in AUTO, it have AS5 on it...

CPU temp no more than 45ºC at full

Case= no more than 38ºC

The problem is that sometimes i play BF1942 and a i get bluescreen of a STOP..., and i remember, im not very sure, but it happened when it was switching or loading a map.

And with prime i get errors inside 1 our of torture test with the maximun heat test

I had a Corsair Value 256MB CAS2.5 in that rig, DDR400 too...and no problems at all, the CPU were at 200x11 @ 1.675vcore and no problems, now i dont know what's happening, i think that it is the memory timmings, they are at 3-3-3-8. I think the problem is the timmings or the CPC, what are the recommended timmings for that RAM?

Thanks all.

*I tried memtest for more than 1 hour even with the RAM at 2-3-3-11 and no problem, but it didnt even POST when i switched the CAS inside the BIOS to 2.

**My bios is the original one, i have winflash, the one that cames with the CDROM, wich BIOS do you recommend me? The CPU is detected as Unknown CPU Type and i want to try a good and stable new BIOS.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Cas2.5. nForce2's don't like Cas3 with certain memory, and its not uncommon for them to have issues with some Kingston Value Ram either... Do you know what chips it uses? Can you post the numbers off the chips?

Change your bios to the 6-19-2004...

It took me a while to figure out that my Inifinity didn't like CAS3. All the while I thought I was at the limit of increased FSB but when I went back to what was stable at CAS2 I selected CAS3 and ran S&M memory test only to get an error within minutes. It kinda sucks having PC4000 RAM and being limited by it.

200x8 CAS 3-3-3-8 = erorr

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/5757/er...00x833384oa.jpg

I putted the RAM at CAS 2.5-3-3-8 and the CPU at 200x10 @1.7vcore again...Lets see what happens in prime95. Vdimm 2.6v, real voltage 2.68v.

The chips say that:

0520PR

V58C2256804SAT5

And the one near to the center of the ram says: 0514VR inteast to 0520PR

KVR400X64C3A/512

1x512MB in the black DIMM.

Cya and thanks!

***do you think it is good to flash my bios in windows? i can start it in error safe mode or something...but first i'll try to solve this problem with the ram, i dont want to see a blue screen flashing the bios :shake:

CAS2.5-3-3-8

200x10

1.7vcore

2.6vdimm, real: 2.68vdimm

chipset, auto...

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9094/error0fw.jpg

Error...again...

Hmm, what do you suggest?

Maybe i'll try to leave it in the nigth with memtest 3-3-3-8 for all the nigth, 8 hours, and see what happen...if it keep . me off well i'll sell it to a cousin with a Pentium 4, it should be work fine for him, and i'll buy OCZ Premier with heatspreader 2.5-3-3-7

Yup its Mosel Sat 5B alright, which aint too bad. I used to have some old PC2700 Mosel Sat 6.

Its sounding to me like you've possibly got a bad stick. Test each stick out individually.

What bios are you using? See what date it says under CPU-Z.

11/27/2003 says the CPU-Z in mobo BIOS

Well, 2.7vdimm?? it would be like 2.78v REAL...

Do you think that's a good idea on a value memory?

And whats capable to do this stick? talking about OC'ing...

*what bios should i use?

Im a not hardcore OC'er, i just want a stable bios.

Is that a good one? 6-19-2004?