Smartguardian [DFI special]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey joop, in case you were wondering about my post #53 and all the stuff about the fans, pretty much the 3 fans you can sensor are just whichever fans you have plugged into the 3 fan connectors on the board with sensors. (3 of the 5 total have sensors) i just so happened to have my chipset fan plugged in to the one that you had labeled as "Exh. Fan", my CPU was in the correct spot, and in the third i have my PSU fan plugged in. pretty much you can plug any fan into any of the 3 with sensors and it detects their speeds, you just personally have to figure out which fans you have plugged where and label them appropriately in the smart.ini lol. i did test this by going into the options shutting off the fans one by one, and seeing which fans on the mobo stopped when i did this. i dont suggest doing it for too long though, just long enough to check lol.

Thanks for the research, :D the reason I make this with the 'DFI LP UT nF3 250GB' ,don't know details about the other DFI boards which fan connector is linked to, except for the CPU. :P

I pleased with the feedback about the DFI boards, working at misc. updates.

At this time I start to make a first 'Smartguardian [DFI RDX200-CF-DR special]'. :sweat:

Btw. I think you already know, but you can easily rename it in 'smart.ini'.

Maybe this is interesting for you to, it's about eg. the 'Environment Controller' and

('PWM IC' also used by other DFI boards, located near the Power Mosfet section) :rolleyes:

DFI LanParty UT nF3 250GB

A little details about ITE I/O with Environment Controller, the Intersil PWM Controller and on-board Temp. sensors:

yes i did relabel them in smart.ini. now everything looks correct, when i slow down the CPU fan, i can actually see it slow down in the case, same for the chipset fan so i know they are correct. the other fan is my PSU fan though, and it seems to run constantly no matter what i do in the options of smart guardian.

the other fan is my PSU fan though, and it seems to run constantly no matter what i do in the options of smart guardian.

Thats normal, because it's not possible, :shake: .. the PSU Fan rpm can read with the sensor of the onboard 'ITE I/O and Environment Controle Chip'.

Because the PSU Fan('s) is standard powered through the PSU itself there is standard no 12V power wire at the 3 pins Fan connector from the PSU.

Most up-to-date PSU's and also your 'Antec SmartPower 2.0 ' use it's own Temp. dependent Fan(rpm) controller.

In this case it's common that the PSU have '3 pin connector' with only a 'Sensor wire' and sometimes a 'Ground wire' (max.2)connected.

But NOT a 12V power wire (IF SO? my recommendation do not use it!) :eek2:

This Sensor wire is available for using with a Fan sensored connector on the Motherboard or eg. for a Frontpanel with Fan sensors. :)

the other fan is my PSU fan though, and it seems to run constantly no matter what i do in the options of smart guardian.

Thats normal, because it's not possible, :shake: .. the PSU Fan rpm can read with the sensor of the onboard 'ITE I/O and Environment Controle Chip'.

Because the PSU Fan('s) is standard powered through the PSU itself there is standard no 12V power wire at the 3 pins Fan connector from the PSU.

Most up-to-date PSU's and also your 'Antec SmartPower 2.0 ' use it's own Temp. dependent Fan(rpm) controller.

In this case it's common that the PSU have '3 pin connector' with only a 'Sensor wire' and sometimes a 'Ground wire' (max.2)connected.

But NOT a 12V power wire (IF SO? my recommendation do not use it!) :eek2:

This Sensor wire is available for using with a Fan sensored connector on the Motherboard or eg. for a Frontpanel with Fan sensors. :)

NEW! DFI download drivers, ITE Smartguardian for Windows XP 64bit OS (DFI LANPARTY nF4 series!) :sweat:

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 series

Revision 1.0

Driver Smart I/O Driver

OS Window XP64

File NF4 Series_XP64SG.ZIP

Size 3,343,413 bytes

Date 2006/03/16

Description ITE Smart Guardian for Windows XP 64Bit(foe LP NF4 Series)

• 2 weeks later...
I changed the LanParty Logo to this

crystaldfi.jpg

and hid of the battery and thermometer

Can I borrow that picture ;) I liked it

(Yes, I ask you because I dont steal pics from others!)

Btw how do I insert own picture, Wanna change that ugly temp...

Can I borrow that picture ;) I liked it

(Yes, I ask you because I dont steal pics from others!)

Why? :O, this one (not the particular LanParty logo) is personalized by ReelFiles The German Kid, which create a same styled rig.

Yourself are a great artist and a famous member off the PaintSkillsClub.com :shake: Create your special one in bitmap (bpm) format, named logo.bmp.

For example: you can use a small DFI/LanParty logo part at top (most do that), but you can also replace the whole black background with a picture off your choice, example: a picture off your computer with integrated logo's at top, bottom or at every other place u like, :D or what about a picture off the famous Swedish soccer team. :cool:

Mine, (the true colors are a little brighter, but it's at real size): Always Under Construction :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=4150&stc=1

Btw how do I insert own picture, Wanna change that :( ugly :sad: temp...

STREET proverb Search is your friend

Sticky: Using the SEARCH function

Sticky: my search guide for DFI threads

POST #14 -almost answered there.

Listing (partial) of my modified 'smart.ini'

////////////////////////////////////////

[image Option 0] 'Temp pic

Left=100

Top=1400

Visible=-1 <--------- ForEvo - Change this (-1 Enabled and 0 Disabled )

[image Option 1] 'Disabled DRAM pic

Left=4095

Top=2130

Visible=0

[image Option 2] 'Battery pic

Left=100

Top=2800

Visible=-1 <--------- ForEvo - Change this (-1 Enabled and 0 Disabled )

////////////////////////////////////////

Btw, I love to see your creation.