Smartguardian [DFI special]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's perfect you can leave it like that, that is way cool. Thanks

Are you using "Intake fan" or is it showing "000000" for you?

Just wondering if u want the same "layout" as i´ve got on mine. (Without Intake fan)

itisdone2ji.png

2. In this picture i´ve removed "intake fan" and if u want u can put a little logo next to "Exh.fan"

reel8tl.png

I use all the fans.

Off topic; are you using a msstyle or windowblinds?

I´m using style xp...

I´ll PM you so u can download the files... (Dont wanna put them here incase u wanna keep them for yourself)

screen.jpg

Thank You so much now I have to find a better Icon set to match. Using a Vista one now, with some tweaks by me. I use msstyles now, no transparency, but it uses the same resources as a regular windows theme, so that's cool.

That CPU fan is reading zero cause I have the rear fan hooked up to it, so don't worry.

*edit*

Sometimes when the speed drops low, it reads like 15000 rpms what's up with that?

screenie.jpg

Thank You so much now I have to find a better Icon set to match. Using a Vista one now, with some tweaks by me. I use msstyles now, no transparency, but it uses the same resources as a regular windows theme, so that's cool.

That CPU fan is reading zero cause I have the rear fan hooked up to it, so don't worry.

*edit*

Sometimes when the speed drops low, it reads like 15000 rpms what's up with that?

I have the same thing :D

Sometimes it shows 16380rpm or something when it starts :D

Not a that it's a big deal, but it's making me think about the voltage readings and temps, my idle tamp used to fluctuate 1-5C, but with your smart.ini its seems like maybe 1-3C tops. The Power readings seem to be stable too now, they used to fluctuate a little bit, and I know this PSU is spot on, got quad 12v lines :)

How do you change the background pic? I looked through smart.ini, but didn't find anything did you use reshack, or something?

• 1 month later...

First of all, thanks JooP for the hard work. Really appreciating it. While I use the SLI Expert I guessed the most closes match would be the SLI-DR. Though I still have some questions:

1: Is the SLI-DR appropriate enough

2: The Expert board has 5 Fans to be attached so two are not displayed. Any ideas of getting the reamining 2 fans in the box?

3: I heard of people saying that reported temperatures are as much as 12 degree to low. Any wise guy giving me a hint of how to find out and adjust accordingly?

@Angry_gamers: Please get in touch with ITE or DFI for making available a monitoring tool that monitors the mobo. I shelled out some 180€ (about 200$) and it doesn't even come with a monitoring tool that displays all fan speeds and correct temperatures. I think this is absolutely... nope, better flush that down the toilette.

Cheers

Hehe,

I don't think it's possible to controll all the fans, since only 3 of them are listed in the bios. My readings are always within a 5C range from actual temp, 15C sounds like a lot, ie if I am maxed out at 55C and it's 15C too low, it would be 70C...YIKES... I don't thinks so.

Hehe,

I don't think it's possible to controll all the fans, since only 3 of them are listed in the bios. My readings are always within a 5C range from actual temp, 15C sounds like a lot, ie if I am maxed out at 55C and it's 15C too low, it would be 70C...YIKES... I don't thinks so.

Will buy myself a digital temperature reader soon to find out myself, since this seems totally weird if these misreadings are fact :eek:

Well, about the 5 fan issue, wouldn't a Bios would do? I'm not a tecci but since the motheboard supports 5 fans surely the Bios should be able to somehow address them, or am I here completely leftfield?