Smartguardian [DFI special]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

looks nice m8s, but...anyone can tell me why voltages (cpu, 5v, 3.3v, 12v) seen on Smartguardian are different from the one seen on other tools like Systool or on bios (f.e. on Systool I get something like: 5v = 4,94v 12v = 11,92v etc while on Smartguardian I get 5v = 5.06v 12v = 12,22v)?

wishes smartguardian voltages are more accurate but then why with bios and systool they are lower?

thanks!

Hi, icest0rm, have compensate it a little with my finding deviations, you can do that also, see this part at POST #1:

With all of this kind Monitor software, one of the most of us concerned is the mismatch about what whe reading and the real measured voltages. You can adjust that: first get the real voltages with a digital multimeter, then you can compensate the Smartguardian 12.0V and 5.0V rails, unfortunately I have not found yet a way to compensate the 3.3 rail.

Here the Guide: Testing your PSU with a Digital Multimeter:

Part of 'smart.ini'

[Option]'Modified for DFI LanParty by 'Joop' other aliases 'JoopvtG' and 'aJ/Tg'

P5VRa=68 'original, compensate 5.0V in smal steps higher/lower to <findings> <------------ 5.0V

P5VRb=100

P12VRa=300 'original, compensate 12.0V in smal steps higher/lower to <findings> <------- 12.0V

P12VRb=100

N5VREF=4096

N5VRin=120

N5VRf=56

N12VREF=4096

N12VRin=232

N12VRf=56

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi, icest0rm, have compensate it a little with my finding deviations, you can do that also, see this part at POST #1:

will do as soon as I can get a multimeter, but just wanted to know atm if SmartGuardian was right, or Systool & bios were more precise...