Bios 8/24

thanks for the reply ill try 10 x multipler ...but my point is 11 x should be stable and so should 9 x ..i mean for goodness sake thats the design of the chips..or am i missing something here...ps took me ages to reply because i kept getting bsod...however changing ram to 2T got me back in..and thats at default settings...now lets see about the overclock... :rolleyes:

No doubt this board takes a lot of patience and tinkering. "Should" is a word that "should" be banished in the world of computers :D Never had a problem with multi of 9 till the 815/824...Eleven has always seemed a bit touchy (to me) but I spend most of my time trying for higher buss speeds with lower multi's...

Also, 824 has forced me to move from orange slots to yellow. Currently running 260X10 with my XBLK 2X256 kit 1:1 @ 1T. Voltage increase is an absolute must on this board with a Sandy 3700. Even at default speeds I'd suggest setting voltage to at least 1.6v which will yield approximately 1.5v. I've been priming all night at 260X10 with 1.7v (bios is registering 1.6v and smartguardian is showing 1.53v) and temps are at 42-43c load.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well changing ram to 2T setting seems to have made a difference and ive taken your advice..thanks v much ..and im now at 264 x 10..not sure its gonna be stable though ill try prime 95..voltages are set to 1.725 in bios but cpuz shows 1.6v..ill run a few bench marks and post back later if its stable ill have to eat humble pie regarding dfi....we will see :rolleyes:

:confused: okay ive been following these forums for a while since i purchased this m/b.

I had high hopes but having just flashed to the latest BIOS i give up.

im sure my 3700 sd chip isnt the best as ive only ever got 2.5 stable from it but im also sure this m/b is holding it back with its voltage problems.

latest official bios is just a joke why would DFI release a bios that is worse i just cant understand it..sorry for such a negative first post but im now saving up for another board...cant o/c at all now...thanks dfi...

i love the board, and have high hopes on dfi to fix this problems,

im using 602 and everything is working like a charm for now (HITS WOOD) XD

is 2 o 3 bugs on the bios

LIKE:

-THE SAVE bug

-216HTT BUG

-ide//sata connectors when you put them at NONE they go back to AUTO

-voltage problems

other than that, im using this mobo and works very good.

hmmm i do , i flash the mobo with winflash that can be the problem>>?

Flash method shouldn't have much if anything to do with it...I got it with 815 but not to the point where I couldn't change it...at first :) Ran 815 for two weeks, one at stock and one week at 335X8...one of my drives took a dump and after switching to one drive with a fresh install I couldn't shake the 216 bug...

So far 824 has a problem with consistently picking up my drive. Works fine once it see's it and boots. 1T with 2X512 is real sketchy as well (for me).

I used a floppy for flashing and only used the /f/cc switches for what it's worth...

:D

Flash method shouldn't have much if anything to do with it...I got it with 815 but not to the point where I couldn't change it...at first :) Ran 815 for two weeks, one at stock and one week at 335X8...one of my drives took a dump and after switching to one drive with a fresh install I couldn't shake the 216 bug...

So far 824 has a problem with consistently picking up my drive. Works fine once it see's it and boots. 1T with 2X512 is real sketchy as well (for me).

I used a floppy for flashing and only used the /f/cc switches for what it's worth...

i have a venice 3200 and this bios (8.15) is not good, system very instable. I try all setting possible but nothing, it's very bad bios : )

:confused: okay i couldnt get stable at 260 x 10 no matter what voltage i used or mem timings

im now occt stable at 231x11 at mem 1:1 so 462 ddr.

it seems ddr voltage needed to be set at 2.9v to get 1t , before with older bios 2.7 did the job.

ive read somewhere that newer 3700 sd cpu are not o/c beyond about 2.5 so i guess ill just have to settle for that unless someone has any other suggestions on what else i can try..... :):) it seems bios voltages are just a joke and have no relation to real time voltages..so i stand buy what i first said about dfi and this m/b :)

:confused: okay i couldnt get stable at 260 x 10 no matter what voltage i used or mem timings

im now occt stable at 231x11 at mem 1:1 so 462 ddr.

it seems ddr voltage needed to be set at 2.9v to get 1t , before with older bios 2.7 did the job.

ive read somewhere that newer 3700 sd cpu are not o/c beyond about 2.5 so i guess ill just have to settle for that unless someone has any other suggestions on what else i can try..... :):) it seems bios voltages are just a joke and have no relation to real time voltages..so i stand buy what i first said about dfi and this m/b :)

where i can dl that occt proggy>?

never mind

for anyone who wants it

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

I think the 8/15 and the new 8/24 bios is great, in fact the 8/15 bios was the only one, that let me into bios and save something and reboot without resetting bios.

Running my 3000 Venice at 2610 Mhz, with memory on 166 divider.

Only problem i have that the Bios for the silicon image raid adapter dont show, it just says "Warning something Vendor id: etc, but it seems to work ok anyway.

Knowledge courtesy of RebelsHaven: http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/757/vcoresite5rg.png .

The three blue/copper, ahem, thingees are to the right of the cpu. You can measure any of the three locations indicated by the red lines in the image, which is rotated 90 degrees clockwise. (This is a pic I sent to RH, who confirmed these locations. So you can ignore the question marks.)

Ground black probe to any molex black wire, red probe to indicated mosfet (mofset?) lead. Let us know what you get!

i tried using fluke 7-300 to measure and what i got was 6.95 volts or about, so it looks like i did something wrong.