Bios 8/24

for the folks who can't boot into windows and use an sata drive, disconnect the power cable to the sata drive and turn the machine on. after the machine posts and doesn't find an OS, turn it off and reconnecte the sata power cables. i know this sounds ridiculous but it's what i had to do after flashing. if you're not using an sata drive, this obviously will be of no interest to you.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show info and maby some pictures showing where to measure for this voltage?
Knowledge courtesy of RebelsHaven: http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/757/vcoresite5rg.png .

The three blue/copper, ahem, thingees are to the right of the cpu. You can measure any of the three locations indicated by the red lines in the image, which is rotated 90 degrees clockwise. (This is a pic I sent to RH, who confirmed these locations. So you can ignore the question marks.)

Ground black probe to any molex black wire, red probe to indicated mosfet (mofset?) lead. Let us know what you get!

The other lead on the Inductors is the actual "Vcore", but it's very hard to get to..... The lead you have marked is the pulse-width modulated output before being filtered... It's almost the same as Vcore, especially considering how hard it is to reach the other Inductor lead..

Back on topic, both the 815 and this 824 BIOS do not seem to like Vinnies! I'm experiencing the "250 Bug" also with both... With a decent Winchester I can get to 9X300, but that's about it...

Back to 711 for me... :D

Im trying to be usefull when I am criticising something so I will hold off on judging this BIOS until I have more time and I am more prepared to be less dissapointed by the results I have had so far. What works for you? :confused:

Hi, I am new to A64's, and even newer to DFI Boards, AND even newer to DFI street

(Hope my sig is ok ;) )

but, has anyone noticed that vdimm went form max 3.2v to 3.1v??

not happy :(

and why doesnt this have the 'inbetween' deviders?

OK well after a bit of tweaking I managed to squeeze out stability with DDR 500 RAM selection. Only thing is the only workable situation for my proc, 3500+ E3 Venice, was on a 9x Multi and most definately not anywhere around the rated speed of 2200mhz. The BIOS was showing 1.44 volts to the core, up on the 602, but without a multi its hard to tell or imagine they would be any different now. I would like to test this BIOS more but time constraints, ie. WOW playtime shrinking, means I had to flash back to my last known working condition. I must say it is very interesting to have a new BIOS to play with but all the same I think maybe something needs more work, just not sure if I should have to do it or if I even could seeing that I am only as good as what my computer puts into me. Goal find what works best , leave it at that and never look back.

:confused: okay ive been following these forums for a while since i purchased this m/b.

I had high hopes but having just flashed to the latest BIOS i give up.

im sure my 3700 sd chip isnt the best as ive only ever got 2.5 stable from it but im also sure this m/b is holding it back with its voltage problems.

latest official bios is just a joke why would DFI release a bios that is worse i just cant understand it..sorry for such a negative first post but im now saving up for another board...cant o/c at all now...thanks dfi...

:confused: okay ive been following these forums for a while since i purchased this m/b.

I had high hopes but having just flashed to the latest BIOS i give up.

im sure my 3700 sd chip isnt the best as ive only ever got 2.5 stable from it but im also sure this m/b is holding it back with its voltage problems.

latest official bios is just a joke why would DFI release a bios that is worse i just cant understand it..sorry for such a negative first post but im now saving up for another board...cant o/c at all now...thanks dfi...

The latest 815 beta and 824 official don't work well with a multi of 9 with the Sandy. Probably the reason 3000+ vinnies aren't doing well either. Multi of 11 doesn't seem too stable either. Try 260X10 with 1.7v. Set LDT at X3, AGP at 67. Put a sig together so we can see what you are running. I'm sure you can get better than 2.5ghz with a little tinkering. Mine will do upwards of 2.75ghz but my rigs fold 24/7 and the extra voltage and heat aren't worth it (especially in a small apartment with four rigs spewing heat all day ;) )...

thanks for the reply ill try 10 x multipler ...but my point is 11 x should be stable and so should 9 x ..i mean for goodness sake thats the design of the chips..or am i missing something here...ps took me ages to reply because i kept getting bsod...however changing ram to 2T got me back in..and thats at default settings...now lets see about the overclock... :rolleyes: