Problem with the internet

I just moved back in with the parents, everything was working fine, I had the web and all that. Now, just the other day, I can't get the internet to work on my comp. I've tried everything I know, with no avail. I've ran out of ideas, and I was hoping someone could mabey guide me in the right direction. To let you know what is exactly happening, I get that yellow trianle at the bottem right, saying I have little, or no connection to the web. I'm completely lost, and I hope some one can help me out.

Well, we are going through this new internet service, called speednet. I believe it runs by microwaves. It's suppose to be similar to cable. The thing is, I've used this service for a long time, before I moved out, and even when I moved back it worked fine. Then a few days ago I started to get this problem. I'm wondering if they have some kind of tracer, that lets you know if your running multiple comps. If you guys have the time, just jot down some things that may help. I'm not really all that knowledgeable with this type of situation, so any suggestions would be more then welcome.

Well, we are going through this new internet service, called speednet. I believe it runs by microwaves. It's suppose to be similar to cable. The thing is, I've used this service for a long time, before I moved out, and even when I moved back it worked fine. Then a few days ago I started to get this problem. I'm wondering if they have some kind of tracer, that lets you know if your running multiple comps. If you guys have the time, just jot down some things that may help. I'm not really all that knowledgeable with this type of situation, so any suggestions would be more then welcome.

Hello ! This happen to me yesterday i was running 623-3 bios then i flshed to 704-bt then after lil while i tried explorer and the internet wouldnt connect. i tried everything i rebooted my cable modem (unplug power) it just wont get the ip address. So anyway i just moved it to marvel port which works fine!! Very strange indeed!!! At 1st i thought i got cut off by NTL :) Any1 else having the same problem?

Ok, we do have a router, I brought my comp upstairs to hook it directly, and it still wouldn't work. What was also weird, my dad's comp took a while to get the internet to work, like resetting the modem and such. I think I may have to call my isp, that is the only thing I can see causing this problem.

Like I mentioned earlier, mabey they only allow one comp, and mabey they finally caught on to us sharing the web via the router. I guess I'll call them up tomarrow and see what they say, hopefully they don't charge us a whole lot more for running two comps. If you guys can think of anything else, please let me know

Ok, we do have a router, I brought my comp upstairs to hook it directly, and it still wouldn't work. What was also weird, my dad's comp took a while to get the internet to work, like resetting the modem and such. I think I may have to call my isp, that is the only thing I can see causing this problem.

Like I mentioned earlier, mabey they only allow one comp, and mabey they finally caught on to us sharing the web via the router. I guess I'll call them up tomarrow and see what they say, hopefully they don't charge us a whole lot more for running two comps. If you guys can think of anything else, please let me know

No that is not likely. They give you one IP How you use it is up to you. IE

Router setup as a dhcp server. Check your router settings. Also try what i suggested in my earler post. Try the other Ethernet port. Power cycle your modem and router.