NF4 SLI DR nvraid and 6.66 drivers

I decided to switch over to the nvidia raid........................

enabled nvraid in BIOS and tried to install the 6.66 raid driver and got this

3449459923232fp64%3Dot%3E2348%3D66%3A%3D984%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A96%3C476%3B3ot1lsi

the 6.53 drivers installed no problem

anyone else seen this behavior?

is it my BIOS version? I am using 618-2.

EDIT it sounds a lot like this problem planet AMD64 thread

could this be the problem

2. Copy all files you find within the PATARAID subfolder (you find it in the IDEWINXP folder of your NVIDIA chipset driver package) into the just created folder "OEMDIR"

(Even owners of SataRaid systems have to take the files from the PATARAID subfolder, because the necessary file nvatabus.inf is missing in the SATARAID subfolder! Most of you will only need the files nvatabus.sys, nvatabus.inf and idecoi.dll, but to simply copy all files is the easiest method suitable for all users.)

from this thread

well I migrated my RAID uneventfully from the SIL controller to the NVRAID

my plextor SATA drive seems to work on the SIL controller despite having the nvidia IDE drivers loaded!

I am using the 6.53 drivers for the raid and the 6.66 for everything else.

I decided to switch over to the nvidia raid........................

enabled nvraid in BIOS and tried to install the 6.66 raid driver and got this

3449459923232fp64%3Dot%3E2348%3D66%3A%3D984%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A96%3C476%3B3ot1lsi

the 6.53 drivers installed no problem

anyone else seen this behavior?

is it my BIOS version? I am using 618-2.

EDIT it sounds a lot like this problem planet AMD64 thread

NVIDIA has changed the structure of the new nForce Raid drivers (within the packages 6.66 and higher). If you want to install them, a Raid Bios version 4.84 is needed.

Maybe you still have Raid Bios v. 4.81. Look onto the left upper corner of the booting desktop.

If necessary, update your mainboard Bios (Bios 06/23-3 includes Raid Bios v. 4.84).

NF4 chipset MUST have ACPI power management ENABLE in the bios. I tried for several days to install those drivers and i finaly succeded. I had to flash the bios to 510, enable ACPI, did a REPAIR in the windows XP setup and it finally recognize the drivers. I reflashed back to the latest BIOS 623-3 and everything is fine. Dont forget to press F6 in the setup.

Remember, in the Device Manager, if the computer description is set to MPS processor (or everything except ACPI processor...) , you will not be able to install those drivers.