Ok Got My New Corsair Memory

OK Thrakfast11 as you may or may not know I got the Corsair 512 PC3700, I just got a couple of questions:

So far I went all out with OC'ing things until i got instability then slowly brought things down 1 at a time and this is what I ended up with:

FSB 245

PCI/AGP Locked at 66.66/33.33

CPU Core Vlotage [Auto]

DDR ReferenceVoltage [Auto]

DRAM CAS# LATENCY [2]

DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE [2]

DRAM RAS# to CAS# DELAY [3] did thry 2 but no go

DRAM PRECHARGE DELAY [5]

There are these other settings im not too sure of:

DRAM BURST LENGTH [8 or 4] i got 8 not changed it yet

PERFORMANCE ACCELERATION MODE [AUTO OR DISABLE] ??

DRAM IDLER TIMER [AUTO]

DRAM REFRESH RATE [AUTO]

Also if I select my DRAM FREQUENCY as 400MHZ it wont post if i set it to Auto it is OK but do I want that coz i think the bios then classes it as 266???

And i went back and read what you had wrote in your first reply to my last post and you said that you had to runt the latencies higher to run at 400Mhz so is that what i should be doing?

Finally am I right in thinking benchmarks are not gonna change dramatically, or in fact maybe even get worse as I have gone from 1gig of ram to 512mb of ram all be it quality ram am i thinking right that more ram is always going to be more powerful?

For example I ran the Sisoft Sandra Memory Bandwidth before with my old 1 gig crap ram and got

RAM BANWIDTH BUFF: 3492 M/B s

FLOAT BUFF: 3538 M/B s

Then with my new corsair memory i got :

RAM BANWIDTH BUFF:2031 M/B s

FLOAT BUFF: 2033 M/B s

BAsically what i would like is to get my Ram running fast and my CPU at 3.3 ish Im thinking im gonna have to make my ram timings more aggressive and then run the DDR Frequency @ 400Mhz but im unsure so thats why im on here asking you guys ;)

Cheers

P.S. 3D Mark was 5410 (with 1 gig ) now 4342 (with Corsair 512) :(

heres my CPUID capture too?

AQUIESCECPUID.JPG

Edited by aquiesce

Made a correction highlighted in orange.

OK Thrakfast11 as you may or may not know I got the Corsair 512 PC3700, I just got a couple of questions:

So far I went all out with OC'ing things until i got instability then slowly brought things down 1 at a time and this is what I ended up with:

FSB 245

PCI/AGP Locked at 66.66/33.33

CPU Core Vlotage

Edited by Trakfast11

Thanks very much for the info it is quite invaluable B)

I will have a play around just 1 thing though I dont seem to have much option in the way of V-Core but i dont know maybe a bios update will help me out there i will check but thanks again

thats very true bishop245

Anyway guess what there are no "VDimm" settings in my bios at all I just flashed the latest bios which gave me more choice on CPU core though but no Vdimm hmmmmmmm am i looking in the right place ? :blink: