Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Yo T-MOD

Thanks for another awesome update :sweat:

I wonder, the 704-2bt bios, is it the one you modified with the new mediashield version + new memtest?

Otherwise, can you PM me that version? I'll post back results in that case.

Nope its not that version on the cd ;), i have modded like you asked though the 704-2bt bios, cant test it though so if you drop me a line i can mail it too you for testing.

Logan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have never updated your bios before, especially on these motherboards then you should make sure YOU KNOW EXACTLY what your doing before you attempt it......

em..what exactly do you mean by that ?

Also, v10.0 is the latest version of this CD, right ?

em..what exactly do you mean by that ?

Also, v10.0 is the latest version of this CD, right ?

Em i just want to make sure you know what your doing, if you don't then it can lead to all kind of mishaps, ie a dead board, off course if you have a back up plan like a Bios Saviour or a spare Bios Rom then your covered :).

Yes V10.0 is the latest as per the Front Page.

Logan

well, I dont have any spare BIOS roms...i can try getting them though...do they have to be special BIOS roms specifically meant for my board, or can they be just some standard BIOS rom chips ?

also, can you give me some more detailed instructions on how to go about flashing my board's BIOS using this CD ...

And what about all the other 'modded' BIOS updates ...are they recommended ? where can I get more information regarding them ?

then I got a question about this jargon:

DiamondFlash Image for BIOS.

Please Click Here if you are not familiar with the procedure of Diamond Flash Image!!

The BIOS Upgrade for SST 49LF040B LPC flash ROM Only

what exactly does the above mean ?

and I also want to clarify the difference between these two models: NF4 LanParty SLI-DR and NF4 UT LanParty SLI-DR ..... as far as I know, the only difference is in what accessories you get with the motherboard...am I right ? I mean, I don't want to apply the wrong BIOS update, you know :P

sorry for being such a pain in the butt, but i got all these Q's in my head right now....

well, I dont have any spare BIOS roms...i can try getting them though...do they have to be special BIOS roms specifically meant for my board, or can they be just some standard BIOS rom chips ?

also, can you give me some more detailed instructions on how to go about flashing my board's BIOS using this CD ...

And what about all the other 'modded' BIOS updates ...are they recommended ? where can I get more information regarding them ?

then I got a question about this jargon:

what exactly does the above mean ?

and I also want to clarify the difference between these two models: NF4 LanParty SLI-DR and NF4 UT LanParty SLI-DR ..... as far as I know, the only difference is in what accessories you get with the motherboard...am I right ? I mean, I don't want to apply the wrong BIOS update, you know :P

sorry for being such a pain in the butt, but i got all these Q's in my head right now....

To find a compatible bios rom for your board you can look and Compare from this chart at BiosMedic.

Really there is no instructions needed to flash a bios using the CD, Boot from the cd pick your bios and hit Enter and it does it all for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just be sure your

NOT OVERCLOCKED when you do flash, (bios rom can become corrupted)

MAKE SURE you system is STABLE, (unstable system can also lead to bios corruption)

Maker sure your running stock settings and speeds when you flash a bios.....thats the rule of thumb ;)

When its finished flashing it will tell you to reboot, you should and enter bios and LOad Optimised Defaults.......

NOt sure about what "Modded" bios updates you mean, for your board most folks use one of Toni's bios or the most recent 0406 you already asked about above....

That "Jargon" references using the Diamond Flash image from DFI's site, nothing to do with this cd at all, the part no for the bios rom ie SST 49LF040B LPC, is exactly that, its printed on top of the bios rom.

There is NO difference in the 2 mobo you have listed, both boards are one and the same.......the diff is price and one you get the Front-X Box with it :)

Logan

OK thanx for the response Logan..

To find a compatible bios rom for your board you can look and Compare from this chart at BiosMedic.

thanx for the link, but, how am I supposed to read this chart ? I don't know which chip my rig is using ....

just be sure your

NOT OVERCLOCKED when you do flash, (bios rom can become corrupted)

my video card is factory overclocked..I hope that wont be a problem...

MAKE SURE you system is STABLE

Well I ran several tests of memtest (from the BIOS), when I first ran my rig ...I didnt do many in-windows tests, apart from memtest (windows version)...

NOt sure about what "Modded" bios updates you mean, for your board most folks use one of Toni's bios or the most recent 0406 you already asked about above....

sorry, by 'modded', I meant custom made BIOS updates, like the Toni's one...I asking if these custom made BIOS updates are in any way better than the official ones...

That "Jargon" references using the Diamond Flash image from DFI's site, nothing to do with this cd at all, the part no for the bios rom ie SST 49LF040B LPC, is exactly that, its printed on top of the bios rom.

OK, so, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that I dont need to be concerned about this 'jargon', right ? And is there any way to confirm that the BIOS rom I am currently using, is in fact, SST 49LF040B LPC ?

1st and last question open up your case and look at your bios rom,,,,,,,,easy way to find out ;)

YOur vid card? I was talking about the mobo!

Memtest86+ itself does NOT prove system stability,,,,,,,look at prime95, orthos, OCCT etc

The only way to know which bios is "Better" for your system is to try it out, no one system is usually the same or acts the same as the next. As i pointed out earlier, the majority of users on these mobo lean toward Toni's bios or the last official bios.

Enjoy yourself

Logan

The only way to know which bios is "Better" for your system is to try it out, no one system is usually the same or acts the same as the next. As i pointed out earlier, the majority of users on these mobo lean toward Toni's bios or the last official bios.

OK, well, I noticed that my current BIOS's date is 14th November 2005...

ok then, I guess I am gonna go ahead and try to update the BIOS now...anything you would like to tell me before I do so ?

OK, well, I noticed that my current BIOS's date is 14th November 2005...

ok then, I guess I am gonna go ahead and try to update the BIOS now...anything you would like to tell me before I do so ?

Make sure you are not overclocked and you have a stable system.

Make sure you choose the correct menu for your motherboard.

That is about it.

Tmod

Make sure you are not overclocked and you have a stable system.

Make sure you choose the correct menu for your motherboard.

That is about it.

Tmod

As he is better bios for my DFi EXPERT with this microprocessor AmD FX 55 with this memory Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit (1GBx2) DDR PC4000 memory module BL2KIT12864Z503 and its optimal configuration for OC air:

- Bios MERLINS

- Bios OCZ Toni´s

As he is better bios for my DFi EXPERT with this microprocessor AmD FX 55 with this memory Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit (1GBx2) DDR PC4000 memory module BL2KIT12864Z503 and its optimal configuration for OC air:

- Bios MERLINS

- Bios OCZ Toni´s

If that is micron modules on your ram then i would try toni's i think Merlins bios optimized for UCCC.

Logan