Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinobi

You made some new modifications to TicTac's 619XT and 3DFireR2 bioses, but only for Infinity board. Can you make them for us, Lanparty owners, too, if it is possible, please :angel:!?

Its not really worth it with the 3DFire R2 because all i did with that was make it more compatible with the Infinity. You see originally all TicTac did was remove the Gigabit Lan from the LanParty B version of the bios and used that for the Infinity. The problem with that was then the board got recognised as a LanParty B in programs such as Everest etc and some ppl had problems flashing it at all(dependent on the version of AWDFLASH they was using) because the Part Number didn't match that of the Infinity. In some rare instances it even caused them to bad flash when they tried to Force Flash by using the /F switch.

So, all i did was change the Part Number to that of the Infinity to fix those problems and just rearranged the Bios Menus a little, and added a Boot Logo and new EPA Logo, nothing major.

I made a full Infinity version of the 619XT because there wasn't one before, only a LanParty B version. But if you want, i'll do a mod of the 619XT LanParty B and enable all the options such as CPU Shutdown Temp etc that TicTac didn't, and rearrange the Bios Menus to what i think is best etc.

I do actually have another brand new modded bios for the LanParty B, i've just been unable to find any LanParty B users to test it out. There ain't that many of us nForce2 users anymore.

But if you want, i'll do a mod of the 619XT LanParty B and enable all the options such as CPU Shutdown Temp etc that TicTac didn't, and rearrange the Bios Menus to what i think is best etc.

If you have some time for modification, I'd be glad to have it.

I do actually have another brand new modded bios for the LanParty B, i've just been unable to find any LanParty B users to test it out. There ain't that many of us nForce2 users anymore.

What's about this bios, is it safe enough for testing. About 3 months ago I got bios corruption when I changed, I think, little to many settings in bios :sad:. Because of that I couldn't use my comp almost 1 month, until I didn't get Infinity chip from one guy for hot flashing. I wouldn't like to repeat this experience!

Hi Tmod

Thanks for a superb CD !

I've tried using the "Hitachi Feature Tools" from your CD and they don't work.

Getting stuck at "Loading Feature Tools".

So I downloaded from Hitachi the "Feature Tools" and installed it on a flopy.

Booted up my PC and lo and behold after loading mouse driver it stopped at "Loading Feature Tools".

This proves to me that there is no problem with your CD. The problem is with "Hitachi Feature Tools".

Perhaps p010ne could download the "Hitachi Feature Tools" as well and see if he can get it to work booting from a flopy.

I've also tried "Hitachi Drive Fitness" and they works ok on 3 of my 4 drives.

The drive that I can't check is an IDE disk that I've converted to SATA using a Serial2 converter (from my Abit days).

This drive is present in the report of all the disk and optical devices but if I try to do a "Quick Test" on it I get "Disk not exsistent".

Again this is a Hitachi problem not a problems with your CD.

Perhaps p010ne could download the "Hitachi Feature Tools" as well and see if he can get it to work booting from a flopy.

Sorry because I can't check thing. I have Hitachi drive, but I don't have floppy.

The drive that I can't check is an IDE disk that I've converted to SATA using a Serial2 converter (from my Abit days).

Maybe because of converter application doesn't work???

Hi Tmod

Thanks for a superb CD !

I've tried using the "Hitachi Feature Tools" from your CD and they don't work.

Getting stuck at "Loading Feature Tools".

So I downloaded from Hitachi the "Feature Tools" and installed it on a flopy.

Booted up my PC and lo and behold after loading mouse driver it stopped at "Loading Feature Tools".

This proves to me that there is no problem with your CD. The problem is with "Hitachi Feature Tools".

I've also tried "Hitachi Drive Fitness" and they works ok on 3 of my 4 drives.

This drive is present in the report of all the disk and optical devices but if I try to do a "Quick Test" on it I get "Disk not exsistent".

Again this is a Hitachi problem not a problems with your CD.

Thanks for the feedback!!

That is interesting about Hitachi Tools,

I guess we have to find out what is causing that as several people have 0 problems and then some have problems.

So it seems like some hardware issue.

I wonder if I removed the mouse driver if it would work for all, Also do you have a USB or PS2 mouse?

Tmod

What's about this bios, is it safe enough for testing. About 3 months ago I got bios corruption when I changed, I think, little to many settings in bios :sad:. Because of that I couldn't use my comp almost 1 month, until I didn't get Infinity chip from one guy for hot flashing. I wouldn't like to repeat this experience!

Yeah it should be fine. Its the exact same bios i made for the Infinity and i've been using myself for a couple of months now. I've flashed it about 10 times during testing.

The only difference with the Infinity & LanParty B versions is that the LanParty B version has the Gigabit LAN options, and a different Boot & EPA Logo, other than the they're exactly the same.

Even though i'm positive its fine i would still rather someone with a LanParty B and a backup plan(Bios Saviour or spare Bios Chip) could try it out first, just to be on the safe side.

Hi Tmod

I have an USB mouse and the test I mentioned before was done with an USB mouse.

But after reading your coments I dug up an old USB to PS2 converter and plugged the mouse in the PS2 port.

Just to be sure it worked I first booted up normaly and the mouse worked fine in Windows XP.

I then booted up using the flopy with "Hitachi Feature Tools"

Boot as follows:

Starting PC Dos

Microsoft ® Mouse Driver version 8.20

Copyright © Microsoft Corp ...

Copyright © IBM Corp ...

Mouse driver installed

Loading Hitachi Feature Tools ......

There it stopps.

I probably should have tested your CD as well but since I belive this to be a Hitachi problem I did not do so.

3 of my hd's are Hitachi, the 4th is a Seagate but still "Hitachi Drive Fitness" works on this desk and I can do a "Quick test" without any problems.

If there is any other tests you would like me to just tell me.

Starting PC Dos

Microsoft ® Mouse Driver version 8.20

Copyright © Microsoft Corp ...

Copyright © IBM Corp ...

Mouse driver installed

Loading Hitachi Feature Tools ......

There it stopps.

Hmmm it seems the mouse driver installed fine.

I will create a version of Hitachi Tools that doesn't load the mouse drivers and get back with you for testing it.

Thanks!!

Tmod

when will/if there be a CD4 Update?

I am always developing something new.

The members here make the suggestions and try and implement them.

My suggestion would be to burn the current version on a CD-RW and that way you can keep on updating it without wasting any CD's

Tmod

If I could make one change it would be to add BIOS for the UT250 board

Awaiting your bios suggestions!!

I need something to fill the empty space.

Tmod

nF3.jpg