Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like an awesome utility. Any chance of getting one for the NF4-Ultra/SLI?

Thanks!!

Once I get this utility straightened out I might consider adding the NF4 boards to it.

Depends on the demand as there is already a couple different nF4 bios flashing CD's out.

Tmod

Shinobi & Soundx98,

Just how important is that "File Structure Test"?

I have been going crazy trying to get it to work without any problems.

It seems that I am not the only one either, Every CD utility that I downloaded that has that utility on it has the same problem.

I had one person send me three different ways of executing the program and all three had the same problems.

It has something to do with the bootloader of these CD utility programs.

Anyway as of right now what are your suggestions?

(1) Stop development until I get it figured out if ever?

(2) Screw Seatools and go full speed ahead?

Tmod

I'd say

e) All of the above

It really isn't important to me but Shinobi may feel differently as it's his primary drive I believe. You are right about the boot loader being the problem. Even Hiren's CD has issues with some of the DOS programs. PLEASE do not make yourself crazy about this as the goal was a simple and effective bios flashing tool.

I hope everyone also understands how much we appreciate the efforts and time of pershoot, Stealth17 and yourself in producing these bios flashing CDs. And I certainly don't feel that having one version precludes having other people's versions. What may be easy for one member to use may be more difficult for another.

Kinda like MBM5, SmartGuardian, or Speedfan. Use whatever is easiest and you feel the most comfortable with. I'd like to see some NF4 Bioses as well. :)

Even Hiren's CD has issues with some of the DOS programs.

And I can reassure you that Seatools is one of them, His doesn't even execute all the way. Stops loading before you can actually use it.

Ok since I don't have a nF4 board and I have no idea which bios's are good or bad how about some suggestions?

Any other ultilities you would like to see on it? Besides Seatools :D

Tmod

The latest release is now available with some DFI nF4 bios's in it.

I edited the first post to link to the proper file download.

If anyone has any issues (Besides Seatools) please let me know so I can fix them.

Shinobi,

Sorry about the seatools issue but I can reassure you I will keep looking into it.

Tmod

Tmod, 3 comments

1) Think the NF4 Bioses should be called "DFI NF4 LanParty Bioses" so that people with the New Infinity/DF4G boards don't try to use them. Of course you should probably change the first graphics screen to NF2 and NF4 when you get time.

2) Flashing from Hard Drive - takes me to "B:" drive and I can't seem to do anything from there. ?

3) I hope the NF4 bioses I suggested make sense. My thinking was that most folks would be on a 3/10 at least as that is what the newer boards are shipping with. So thats why I started with 3/16. Other NF4 users may want to input thread if they have other suggestions.

NF4 LanParty Bioses on CD are:

3/16

5/10-1FIX

5/10-2FIX

5/10-3FIX

6/23-1

6/23-2

6/23-3

7/04-2bta (All CPU Vid Percentages higher than 113% have been removed by BigToe)

Absolutely fantastic that you got the latest BigToe 7/04-2bta in it. A real nice bios so far for me.