Please Please Help

Hi ppl,

Please guys help me with this problem.

I have been having intermittent problems with my rig for the last month now and i am really getting annoyed, cos i have no idea whats causing it now.

My pc turned itself off a while back and 1st of all i thought it was heat, but after leaving my pc for a while and it working again, my ambient temp was 39C. Shortly after this it turned off again for no reason. Any way after diagnosing i was nearly sure it was the MB. Sent it back to the company and the tested it as ok :(. Reluctantly put it back together and it worked for about a day. (NOT HAPPY) Anyway sent it back again and they replaced the board with a new one this time.

Put the pc back together again and after a few days of use, it did again and was intermittently working then switching off.

As you can probably tell i am getting really annoyed with this. I had noticed one thing and that was the DRAM LED led would do strange things when the pc turned off so i switched the RAM around in the Bays to try this and it still intermittently switched off.

My last resort was last night in that i tried some other RAM to see if it was that and it switched itself off in the middle of the night. so i give up and i hope someone can help me.

Any info would be great

Thanks for reading this.

What is the computer doing when it switches off? If you are overclocking anything, revert back to stock and see if that stops it. I get reboots when I use CCE video encoder. It happens because of error codes in Win 2000 and there is a software patch for it. If it turnsoff just while it is sitting there doing nothing, then I don't know. I believe there is a way to log errors, but I never tried it.

As you don't seem to understand why it shutsdown, I suggest it might be a spyware or possibly a trojan. I had something similiar happen to me about a month ago. It was spyware shutting my system down. Ignore me if you wish, but as long as you connect to the internet then any host of problems could be it. Spyware, viruses, trojans and even hackers...

I Have seen this a few times before.A coulpe of times it was a Dirty PSU and overheats, Cleaned them and worked fine. And a few times it was just the PSU Getting either unstable or just plain shutting down.. If you have access to anouther PSU(freind, family ) where ever you can get hold of one try and see if you still have the problem.

i have tried 3 different anti spyware utilities, and they have found no spyware or tojans. My antivirus reports nothing.

I tried running the pc this morning with 1 stick of 512MB in bay 1 and the pc stayed on for 2 hours and then turned off.

I am now trying it with the other stick of Ram in and also with my DVD drive and Ide slave drive disconnected.