Athlon 4000+ not detected in Device Manager???

Hi everyone, I just notice my Athlon 4000+ ins not showing in device manager. device manager in not showing a CPU at all :confused: Is this normal??? I think I may have a wrong setting. I just went to bion 623 a few day ago and added 2 more 512MB OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 (for total of 4) sticks. I don't recall if the CPU ever showed there before. Any help will be appreciated. By the way I'm not doing any overclocking yet.

what does CPU-Z says ?

and why do u care that much about Device manager anyway

I any system I've built using windows XP Pro, I always depend on device manager to make sure all my drivers have been installed properly, and there is no conflicts. I find it odd that I can not see my "main device" (CPU) in device manager, witch leads me to beleive that Windows may've not installed properly, or that something is wrong, considering that this system is not runing all that much better than my old P4 3.0 Ghz system with 1gb Ram. I figure with a 4000+ san diego, and 2Gb Ram it should make a big difference (specially since it made a big difference in price) :rolleyes:

Any help will be appreciated :confused:

Thank you for your advise but, I already have the Atlhon 64 win xp drivers installed (I installed the latest one 1.2.2.2, and still no difference). I showed my hidden devices and no luck. How ever I saw under "non-plug and playdrivers" a "parport" that had the following info: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24). I'm thinking like ExRoadie suggested, I'm going to have to re install OS. I've builed many pc (mostly Asus boards), and the Athlon 64 CPU it's always there under device manager with out any need for drivers. I'm going to try to reflash bios to version 310, because that is the only thing I've changed besides adding a total of 4 x 512MB OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 Any has any other sugestions it will be appreciated.

Parport is simply the parallel port interface which you are likely not using anyway. It means nothing. It is odd, though, that your CPU isn't showing. What does it say under the System Properties "General" tab? Does it not show up there, either?