I Hate Coolmaster

bigred

after figuring out the spyware issue being my gf's doings on my computer. I decided to see what was up with her computer, thus keeping her away from mine.

coolmaster fan, kept report that it was still running, which was true. however, all the fan blades had broken off (this is the first time I've seen that happen). it looks as though a power cable shifted and dumped the end into the fan (thanks for no grilles guys). end result, the cpu, and athlon xp 2000+ is TOAST. It's a full time part of the mobo as far as I can tell (poor old K7S5A). I need new ram (it failed in the ram tester), and everything else.

anyone know a good cpu cooler for an intel P4 2ghz? I'm going to upgrade either the home theater box and set her up with the P4, or i'm going to break down and go 64bit for my workstation.

I could heartily agree-I had a Cooler Master on my XP 1600+, and it was rated up to a 2100+. However, the average temp for the CPU was around 55 degrees C. I had to go out and buy a whole new set of fans when I decided to o/c. Also, the fan was TINY, and the heatsink was boxed in with metal plates attached to the fins (which were placed to close together), so it couldn't dissipate heat as effectivley. Get a Speeze or a ThermalTake.

Edited by Iggy

i totally agree i know couple a people where they had massive heat problems with those things that it actually aventually burned out the processor when its not even overclocked i think its dangerous to have one of those personally i would just go with thermaltake with the reputation they have and they arent expensive either maybe 20 dollars for a real good heatsink and fan