Sharing Cable

Badams66

My dad has a vid card that you can connect the Cable TV and watch TV on your computer with it! Well i was wondering if there is anyway that the TV can be shared so i can watch it through my LAN and watch it on my computer as well?

couldnt you use sumthin like xp's remote desktop, and access his comp through that to watch...only thing is you'd hafta make a second username, cuz if he's on an account and you logon via Remote desktop, it'll kick him off.....another issue would belag...i know that remote desktop is laggy over internet, but if you have a 100base-tx lan i dont know if that would still lag....hope this helps...

Acutally, there would be a problem with that, i only have a limited account on his computer (WinXP Pro) and i can't watch TV with a limited account, so i basically just want to "route" the TV to this computer

hey, jsust lookinig backwards and saw no one answered your question. yes justinal, it is possible, i plan on doing it very soon and a friend of mine already does. if you have xp pro on one machine go into the network connecions and use the create a small netowrk thingy, and follow through enabling ICS.

OR

i believe kerio winroute pro 4.2 can use ICS or NAT or w/e the crap it's called to share a connection.

to share 56k all you need is a comp with the modem which always has to be on for other comps to use inet, a hub / switch and nic's in each computer, and then one of the preceeding software setups