Half way through ordering parts for new comp.

510kut

How does everything look? I already have sitting in my room 2005fpw, razer mouse, saitek keyboard, 7800gt, 520w powerstream, lite-on dvdrom, ocz gold pc3200. I have ordered (but yet to pick up) my xp-90 and as5. I ordered yesterday Antec P180 should be here sometime next week lol (coming from monarch).

I'm planning on ordering the DFI nf4 ultra and 3000+ e3 (retail) combo from monarch and get free hl2 :P I was going to get an e6 but I guess I should just get a retail chip for 20 bucks more. Although I'm very tempted to get both and just see which one OC's the best. I was thinking of getting a 3500 but I think I rather save the cash. Then I'm most likely going to get the Hitachi 160gb sata II (although monarch does have the WD 250gb 16mb sata II drive for a little more...), just one for now, another in a little bit.

So what it comes down to

CPU- 3000+ venice e3

Mobo- DFI nf4 ultra

Ram- OCZ Gold PC3200 2x512mb

Hsf- xp-90 + panaflo ultra

Case- Antec P180

PSU- OCZ Powerstream 520w

Vid Card- BFG 7800gt

HD- Hitachi 160gb sata II

Everything look alright? I'm still so torn over the e3 or e6 though lol.

Guest Shibby

Looks good! If you are feeling adventurous, you could get 2x80 gb Hitachi SataII drives put them in a RAID 0 configuration rather than just one 160 gb.

mauah passing it down to my sister :P she can live with the loudness. and then my sisters comp to my mom lol. Its a never ending line.

ooo btw I was thinking of getting those WD 250gb how are they? Does the 16mb buffer make a difference?

mauah passing it down to my sister :P she can live with the loudness. and then my sisters comp to my mom lol. Its a never ending line.

ooo btw I was thinking of getting those WD 250gb how are they? Does the 16mb buffer make a difference?

LMAO! :shake: Ah, the ever lasting lifecycle of a PC... :nod: The WD's seem quite responsive, just did a HD Tach test - gave a burst speed of 246.7MB/s. I've got them as Raid0, they'll do fine for storage. 250GB - 300GB seems to be best value at the mo. Can't wait for the SATA2 Raptors though!! :D