second video card on DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

Hey, I am planning on having my new rig in my room, but ideally I would like to have a second video card with the video out going into my living room to my TV, and get surround speakers so I can use it to play movies and games in my living room (wireless keyboard/mouse =) )

Can anyone recommend a good second video card to accomplish this that will run well with my setup?

6x00 series isn't very good for movies i found as its impossible to get a synced video on anything but the nvidia dvd decoder meaning dropped frames all over the place on tvs. dunno about the ati 9x00 series they might do ok, my old ti4200 did alright for tv-out.

6x00 series isn't very good for movies i found as its impossible to get a synced video on anything but the nvidia dvd decoder meaning dropped frames all over the place on tvs. dunno about the ati 9x00 series they might do ok, my old ti4200 did alright for tv-out.

Update your drivers. I don't have a problem with this and I use VLC, WinDVD, and Media Player Classic to play DivX, XviD, and DVD's.

Mixing ATI and Nvidia cards on a system is not a good idea.

I would just get the cheapest ATI PCI Express card I could find.

Something like this.

Wow, thanks for all the help guys! I guess everyone was right when they said there were great DFI support forums! :D

I think I'll give this one a go. Thanks vipera!

The Ultra-D has dual PCI Express x16 slots, and only 2 PCI slots. I would go with a PCI Express card.

WHy not a 2nd PCI Express card? From a money standpoint I can understand, but from a technical perspective I don't see why...

Wow, thanks for all the help guys! I guess everyone was right when they said there were great DFI support forums! :D

I think I'll give this one a go. Thanks vipera!

Wait, I just noticed you said "games" also.

This card may not be adequate for gaming.. even at low resolutions.

Why can't you use the TV out on your primary card? Or are you running 2 displays on it already..

I'm also not sure how you would launch a game on a specific display.

And on a side note, most wireless mice I've seen don't have a very long range. It probably won't work in the next room.