BeQuiet Straightpower 500W Review

Soo, after the people at Enermax can't get their asses up and get me my Noisetaker 600W back, I decided I needed this rig back and went and got myself a power supply.

I went to the local PC alley and had a look at what they offered. I had a look at a couple of Thermaltakes, Tagans, Mushkins (yes, they sell them at the local dude here!), Coolermasters, Enermaxes (the Liberty series) and LC-Powers (god those things are crap) and then this BeQuiet. I had heard of them earlier from friends and on german OC-ing websites and so on. According to some reviews, BeQuiet is supposed to be up there with PCP&C performance wise, at a fraction of the price, so I got the Straightpower 500W from them (81.90

And is it actually very quiet?

I would do a quick bit of research to find out who the OEM is, but I'm feeling lazy.

Maybe someone will do it for me.

so I heard, up to now its been running straight through without anything longer than a 10 minute break on full folding power from the 2. of March. I really like this unit, and as Enermax has yet to show themselves, this is a great compensation :thumbs-up:

• 2 weeks later...

Enermax came on Thursday, the switched out the unit although it says "problem fixed" on the sheet... or they switched the cover (had a nice long scratch on it ;)) I suppose the BeQuiet will stay in my rig for now, more than enough. Gotta put that Asus burner in tomorrow.... yeehaa, cable management here I come!!! :lol:

Enermax came on Thursday, the switched out the unit although it says "problem fixed" on the sheet... or they switched the cover (had a nice long scratch on it ;)) I suppose the BeQuiet will stay in my rig for now, more than enough. Gotta put that Asus burner in tomorrow.... yeehaa, cable management here I come!!! :lol:

get a sata burner then ;)