Ebay Posts In Fs Section?

gravy

I have scoured through the rulez and find no mention anywhere of not posting eBay links to things for sale. Yet I posted one last week sometime and it magically "disappeared", no warnings, no PM's nothing, just POOF!

Since then I have seen many many more eBay posts and have even posted one more myself, yet they remain..........and I have seen the question asked about eBay links allowed or not....

so..........are they okay or not?

thanks

please link me to the rule where this is stated, i cant find it

oh, and it's easy to filter those out, just dont allow people with less than XXX many posts to post in the For Sale section

not like it isnt obvious that i have been here a long time and intend on staying, so i dont see why it would be an issue if a registered, active, good standing member posts a link to their auction

no, they're just trying to keep things fair and all....i understand, but i think limiting who posts them is better than the simple fact that it points to eBay

lets face it, i could just as easily PM everyone with my eBay link, so it is pointless kind of

yeah, i read it all over and over, didn't want to post something against the rules, i never did find anything restricting eBay posts in there, so that's why I posted it here, don't see as to how it hurts anyone, it is actually safer to do business on eBay, not to take anything away from this site, but it just is

so they are okay, but they are not.......... :huh:

391287[/snapback]

no. there many things that are wrong or we don't want on this site that aren't explicitly stated in the rules. also times and positions change the situation from time to time and the rules become updated to reflect that, but at times it needs to be enforced by before incoporating it into the rules. that is somewhat the case now.

To my knowledge no one has been warned or other wise punished for posting ebay link. I think the issue is clear now, and you have construtive suggestions on admendments to this policy. thats why its in the feedback section.